Hello and welcome to the Scottish Games Network Podcast – it’s SGN Pod 008!
Subcribe via RSS | Subscribe via Apple Podcasts | Listen on Spotify
Crafty programmers have been hacking together their own add-ons packs and tribute games for as long as there’s been home computers but sometime in the last decade or so, user generated content has gone from being a niche hobby of forum dwelling enthusiasts to a defining facet of mainstream culture.
On this week’s podcast, we chat about the impact of user generated content, citing some of our favourite examples and highlighting some of the issues fan projects often face. We also hear an anecdote from Brian about the fan community around the original Grand Theft Auto and talk about some of our favourite Scottish mod projects.
If you want to get in touch with the show you can use #SGNpod on Twitter or message us directly @ScottishGames.
- Play Away Article: https://scottishgames.net/2021/03/15/play-away-festival-2021-review/
- 5 Game Studios in Aberdeen: https://scottishgames.net/2021/03/16/5-games-studios-in-aberdeen/
- Pure4D: https://scottishgames.net/2021/03/16/di4d-launches-pure4d/
- Case Study: Hyper Luminal Games: https://scottishgames.net/2021/03/17/case-study-hyper-luminal-games/
- Games Jobs Live report: https://scottishgames.net/2021/03/17/games-jobs-live-shares-optimistic-report/
- Scotland’s New Digital Strategy: https://scottishgames.net/2021/03/18/a-changing-nation-scotlands-new-digital-strategy/
- Ally Low on Tik Tok: https://www.tiktok.com/@wallmasterr?lang=en
You Can Find The SGN Podcast here:
We’re sharing the love (and the good word) across the whole of the Internet. You can find (and subscribe) to the SGN podcast wherever you find your favourite audio updates…
And here is where you can find all of our previous episodes.