Two games from Scottish developers have made it into the 15 finalists for the UK Game of the Show 2021 competition.
Agatha Christie – Hercule, by Blazing Griffin and Wholesome: Out and About by Yaldi Games are competing against titles from developers including Bossa Studios, Nosebleed Interactive and Outlier Games.
All 15 games will be show live on Twitch on Tuesday 24th August 2021 as part of the virtual Gamescom event.
Hosted by Mr Midas, the winner will be voted for by members of the public alongside input from an expert industry judging panel.
The winner of the UK Game of the Show will then go on the represent Britain in the globe-spanning EuroPlay competition, which will have 15 games from studios around the world competing for the grand prize.
EuroPlay takes place on Thursday 26th August 2021.
In 2020, Solas 128 from Amicable Animal and Monstrum 2 from Junkfish were nominees, with Monstrum 2 walking off with the UK Game of the Show 2020 trophy.
The nominees for the 2021 UK Game of the Show are:
- Agatha Christie – Hercule by Blazing Griffin (PC/Console) a detective adventure game starring a young Hercule Poirot
- Arcade Paradise by Nosebleed Interactive (PC/Console) a game all about running your own 90s arcade
- Days Lost by WordPlay Games (PC) a heartfelt puzzler set inside a diary of a young woman
- Good Boy Society by Efren Games (PC) a game all about the adventures and lives of the goodest dogs around
- Growbot by Wabasabi Play (PC) a 2D adventure about a robot saving her home from a dark crystalline force
- I Am Fish by Bossa Studios (PC) a charming, physics based adventure game featuring four intrepid fish friends
- Moonglow Bay by Bunnyhug (Console) a game about being a rookie angler who fishes with friends, family and neighbours to restore a remote town
- Operation Outsmart by UnifiQ (PC)a physics based sandbox RPG featuring robotic minions and cute koala
- Overmorrow by Pixel Manta (PC/Console) a serene, non-violent adventure that deletes your save game after 30 days
- Rhythm Towers by innoloop (PC/Console) a new and unique rhythm action tower defence game
- Terratorial by Arrogant Pixel (PC/Console) a unique, theft based real time strategy game
- This Means Warp by Outlier Games (PC) an intense 1-4 player spaceship management roguelite game set in a procedurally generated universe
- Viewfinder by Robot Turtle (PC) a first-person puzzle adventure game where you can bring pictures to life and reshape the world using an instant camera.
- Wholesome: Out and About by Yaldi Games (PC) a gentle life sim inspired by themes of environmental sustainability and living in harmony with nature
- Ziggy’s Cosmic Adventure by Stardust Collective (PC) a fully immersive cockpit VR game set in a stunning universe. (PC)
Dr Jo Twist OBE, CEO of UKIE said:
We’re delighted to be hosting UK Game of the Show and Europlay once again. The world of games comes together in August to discover what will be captivating players for years to come and we’re proud to help showcase bright, often unrecognised talent, from the UK and beyond.
Ben Ellis, Publishing Scouting Team Manager for Kwalee’s PC & Console division, agreed:
We’re very pleased to be the headline sponsors for the UK Game of the Show and Europlay at Gamescom, and to be a part of such fantastic events,” highlighted . “We’re also excited to meet some of the industry’s talented developers across the events as we continue to grow our PC & Console division here at Kwalee.
Register to View and Vote
You can find out more about the nominees and sign up to view the live vote for the UK Game of the Show on the dedicated website.
Photo by Danny Howe on Unsplash