The UK Game of the Show winner has been announced.
Monstrum 2, the procedurally-generated survival horror game from Dundee’s Team Junkfish beat off the challenge from 14 other UK developers, including Codemasters, UsTwo and fellow Scottish studio Amicable Animal, to win the UK Game of the Show last night.
The game will now go on to represent the whole of the UK in the first ever EuroPlay competition, which takes place on August 28.
The competition took place on UKIE’s Twitch stream, hosted by online games star, Mr Midas. Each studio provided a short trailer for their unreleased game, which the audience could vote on.
The winner was announced at the end of the live stream, with Monstrum 2 scooping the prize. The game’s deeply creepy setting, procedurally generated environments and competitive multiplayer elements, clearly struck a chord with viewers.
Now the real challenge begins. As UK Game of the Show winner, Monstrum 2 now faces the best games from across the rest of Europe, with challengers from:
- Australia, IGEA – Interactive Games & Entertainment Association
- Belgium, BelgianGames
- Czech Republic, GDACZ – Czech Game Developers Association
- Latvia, Latvian Game Developers Association
- Poland, Indie Games Poland
- Romania, RGDA – Romanian Game Developers Association
- Serbia, SGA – Serbian Games Association
- Switzerland, Pro Helvetia, Swiss Arts Council
- Belarus, BelGameDev
- Ukraine, Ukraine GameDev Nation
- Bulgaria, SYSF Bulgaria
- The Netherlands, Dutch Games Association
- Spain, DEV – Desarrollo Español de Videojuegos
- Italy, IDEA – Italian Interactive Digital Entertainment Association
You can see the full list of games from each of the countries, and sign up to watch the live stream, on the UKIE website.
You can add Monstrum 2 to your Steam wishlist NOW.
Congratulations to the whole Junkfish team.
Pingback: UK Game Of The Show - Entries Open | The Scottish Games Network