With the console versions of Before I Forget released earlier this week, we took the opportunity to have an extended chat with Claire Morwood, who co-developed the game alongside narrative designer Chella Ramanan. Before I Forget is the first release from 3-Fold Games, the studio the pair formed together.
Previously based in Bristol (which was where she met Ramanan), Morwood has recently relocated to Dundee and is now also a member of Biome Collective.
In this podcast, Morwood tells us about how 3-Fold Games got started, the logistics of making a game like Before I Forget, how she went from a geology graduate to a celebrated game designer and what it feels like to be nominated for BAFTA.
You can listen to this podcast interview with Claire Morwood of 3-Fold-Games via our usual podcast feed, or via the YouTube video embedded below.
If you’ve have any feedback or questions, leave a comment below or send us an email. You can also get in touch with the show via the hashtage #SGNpod on Twitter or message us directly @ScottishGames.
- Claire on Twitter: https://twitter.com/shimmerwitch
- 3-Fold Games: https://www.3foldgames.uk/
- Teenage Blob: https://teamlazerbeam.itch.io/teenage-blob
- Bitsy: https://bitsy.org/
- Flat Jam 2017: https://itch.io/jam/flatgame-annual-2017
- This System (by Claire Morwood): https://shimmerwitch.itch.io/this-system
- flatpack: https://candle.itch.io/flatpack
- Mycorrhiza (by Claire Morwood): https://shimmerwitch.itch.io/mycorrhiza
- Suzanne Simard TED Talk on mycorrhizal networks: https://www.ted.com/talks/suzanne_simard_how_trees_talk_to_each_other/
You Can Find The SGN Podcast here:
We’re sharing the love (and the good word) across the whole of the Internet. You can find (and subscribe) to the SGN podcast wherever you find your favourite audio updates…
And here is where you can find all of our previous episodes.