What’s that coming over the hill? Is it ten carefully curated pieces of news from across the videogames industry all gathered in one helpful location? Oh, what do you know, it is. Must be time for the Weekly World News already. What a treat.
- Switcheroo – The first Nintendo Direct in more than a year indirectly squashes the new hardware rumours by offering exactly zero indication that a new Switch is incoming. But hey, Splatoon 3 looks fab.
- Reggie is here to kick the ESA’s ass and take it’s name – The former president of Nintendo of America and current GameStop board memeber Reggie Fils-Aimé assures the ESA his or someone else’s body is ready to take the lead should they continue to mishandle E3.
- Caught diamond handed – Entirely innocent and altruistic stock trader who lost on the GameStop debacle takes YouTuber to court for “deceitful and manipulative conduct”.
- Microsoft opens a window of opportunity for accessibility in games – Developers can now have their games evaluated directly by Microsoft to receive guidance on accessibility options.
- The Government of Saudi Arabia makes crown princely sum of gaming investments – The Saudi Public Investment Fund has bought shares in Activision Blizzard, EA and Take-Two worth more than $3.3bn.
- ANOTHER Mortal Kombat film? – The new film, which features writing staff from The Expendables and Wonder Woman 1984 and is distributed by Warner Bros, will begin streaming in the US this April.
- 22Cans suffer layoffs – The Guildford-based studio led by the eccentric creator of Fable and Black and White, Peter Molyneux, has unfortunately let go of an undisclosed number of employees.
- New World has newer launch window – Amazon GameStudios’ upcoming MMO has been delayed for a third time, citing the pandemic as a major contributing factor.
- Snaaaaaaakes? and Ladders – The Metal Gear board game you probably didn’t know existed will now sadly never exist.
- Eric Moneyaxe – Early Access Viking inspired survival game Valheim sells one million copies in a week and is currently one of the most popular games on Steam.
Have a terrific weekend. Remember, you’re our favourite.
Photo by Anders Nord on Unsplash