Engage Invest Exploit is Scotland’s leading event for growing digital businesses. For over a decade, EIE has helped ambitious technology companies across the country to meet global investors and secure funding.
Every year the EIE team invite applications from business founders and leaders for the Investor Readiness Programme. Applications for the 2022 programme are now open, closing on January 23rd 2022.
The EIE Investor Readiness Programme is an intensive preparation for founders and business leaders, providing training which is designed to enable and enhance each business, as it seeks to understand and explore the options for current and future investment.
Who should apply?
- Tech start up and scale up companies who sit within one of EIE’s ten key technology sectors (see below) or who are a tech company from outside these sectors, who wish to apply as a ‘wildcard’ entry.
- Key sectors are:
- Creative design and media tech
- AI and data science
- Energy, climate and cleantech
- Fintech and cyber security
- Internet of Things (IoT)
- One Health
- Robotics and autonomy
- Satellites and space tech
- Smart cities and mobility
- Tourism and festivals
- Companies seeking investment in the second half of 2022, from seed to series A, who are post revenue, or have a clear pathway to revenue.
- Founders and business leaders who are looking to learn what investors are looking for in an investment and what they should seek out in an investor.
- Founders and business leaders who are trying to find the right way to tell their story and how to present an authentic pitch.
Over $1 Billion Invested
The EIE team, has supported more than 500 companies to raise more than $1 billion in investment. Successful applicants will also learn from EIE’s carefully curated partners and sponsors, who will provide real life experience and mentoring.
This is a chance to join a programme which will provide you with tools not only for pitching, but will also include practical support in legal, IP and financial issues. The skills you develop in the EIE Investor Readiness Programme will give you an important foundational footing for long term success and help take your business to a global stage.
The EIE Investor Readiness Programme
- A preparation programme with support, teaching and the opportunity to network throughout worth more than £14,000.
- Running from March to September – so that you are still able to focus your time on your company.
- Intensive pitch training – develop your authentic message.
- Learn what investors are looking for in companies and how to present your company as an attractive proposition.
- Gain the tools to know what to look for in an investor and investment, so you can make the right choices.
- Prepare your pitch for EIE22 and have the chance to apply to make an extended pitch, with the chance to take investor questions.
- EIE is an Official Nominator for The Earthshot Prize 2022. The Earthshot Prize is awarded by The Royal Foundation of the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge to five winners each year. Each winner receives £1 million prize money to continue their work.
Competition for places at EIE is always high and so we encourage considering your application early, to give yourself the best chance of being accepted. Companies who have taken part in EIE previously are welcome to apply, if they can show significant progress.
EIE sits at the heart of the University of Edinburgh and is a thought leader in Scotland’s tech ecosystem – the perfect place to take your company to the next level.
The Call for Applications has been extended to 00:00 (midnight) on Sunday the 23rd January 2022.
Successful Applicants will be selected and confirmed by 14th February 2022, and MUST attend all the Programme activities* (*Unless otherwise agreed by the EIE Team in exceptional circumstances.)
The EIE22 Investor Readiness Programme will get underway on March 7th & 8th 2022 with a two day residential bootcamp for the new cohort in Edinburgh, Scotland.
This will be followed in late March and early April with half-day presentation skills workshops. These are run in smaller groups for the cohort, and will help them hone their value proposition.
There will be further investment focused workshops run in association with EIE sponsors leading up to the second two-day Residential event countdown for the cohort on 8th & 9th September 2022 in Edinburgh, Scotland.
The EIE Investor Showcase will take place on 6th October 2022.
Find out more and APPLY NOW.