Develop:Brighton’s Indie Showcase, which highlights the best forthcoming indie titles, is open for submissions. Developers now have until Friday, September 3rd to submit their games.
The showcase offers developers the opportunity to showcase their game at the Develop:Brighton event, which takes place from October 26th-28th (in Brighton).
The key criteria for entry in the showcase include:
- Anyone can enter as long as you’re an independent game developer with no more than 15 people in the studio, the entered game is not publisher funded and is not published by a third party, the development budget for the game must be less than £1million and your game has been created in the “indie spirit”
- More than one game can be entered per developer
- All games must be a Release Candidate, Beta or have been released after July 2020
- If your game is complicated and you want to make sure that judges understand and play it correctly then you can attach a video link and any other background information to your submission form
- Once you’ve submitted your game we cannot accept any updates
- Your submitted game can run on any of these platforms: PC, console, web, mobile/tablet/handheld or VR platforms
- Games for the following VR platforms can be submitted: Gear VR, Google Cardboard (or equivalent), HTC Vive, Oculus Rift S and Quest 2, PlayStation VR and Google Daydream.
10 finalists will be picked by a panel of industry judges, chaired by Alistair Aitcheson, of The Incredible Playable Show. The 10 lucky developers will win a free place at the event, enabling them to demonstrate their game to the media, potential publishers and other delegates at the event.
The judges for the 2021 Indie Showcase are:
- Bruce Slater – Indie Developer, Radical Forge
- Phil Gaskell – Director, Ripstone
- Korina Abbott – Indie Videogame Marketeer, KAGames
- Andrew Smith – Indie Developer, Spilt Milk Studios
- Romana Ramzan – Producer, No Code Studio
- Katie Goode – Director, Triangular Pixels
The finalists will also receive a free three-day pass to Develop:Brighton, pre-event publicity, and a profile on the event website.
On the last day of the conference, two finalists will be selected as the winners of the competition. The People’s Choice award will be decided by attendees, and the Overall Winner by a panel of judges.
The Overall Winner in 2019 was Touch Type Tale – Strategic Typing from Pumpernickel Studio, while the People’s Choice went to Skybolt Zack from DEVS MUST DIE. The Overall Winner was Triband’s WHAT THE GOLF? (which went on to win Best Mobile Game at the Develop:Star Awards two years later).
You can find out more about the entry criteria, and find the entry application form on the Develop:Brighton Indie Showcase page.