Applications for the 2020 BAFTA Crew Games programme are now open.
BAFTA Crew aims to support the next generation of film, games and television talent through insights from BAFTA winners and nominees, and a community of peers and future collaborators.
BAFTA Crew Games is for practitioners with 2 – 5 years’ experience working in the UK games industry.
The year-round programme provides a bespoke series of monthly masterclasses, roundtables and sessions with BAFTA-winners, nominees and wider industry as well as structured networking events and mentoring opportunities.
The programme costs £30 for the full year. For this you will receive:
- A monthly masterclass exploring the craft behind a BAFTA-nominee or the team behind a BAFTA-nominated film/television project
- A monthly roundtable on areas including mental health and well-being, sustainable practices and freelancing as well as small group discussions with BAFTA-winners and nominees
- Structured networking events for participants to connect with each other, BAFTA members and industry
- Access to a private Facebook group for networking, showcasing work and promoting crew opportunities
- A dedicated fortnightly newsletter outlining upcoming events and opportunities
- Access to a selection of tickets to BAFTA’s wider Learning and New Talent programme, including masterclasses, events, screenings and Q&As
- Access to private playlist of event recordings and transcripts
- Inclusion in an online directory of every BAFTA Crew participant, circulated in the BAFTA members newsletter and to selected press
- Travel bursaries to attend live events delivered around the UK
To qualify for BAFTA Crew Games 2020 you must:
- Be actively working on, and making a creative contribution to, games produced and/or distributed in the UK
- Have 2 – 5 years relevant experience in the game industry including internships or graduate placement
You can apply on your own behalf, or nominate someone else you think would benefit from participating in the programme.
You can find out more about BAFTA Crew Games (including a FAQ) and apply/nominate on the BAFTA website.
Applications are open until October 9. Apply here.