The Creative Enterprise: Games Scale Up is a prestigious new programme, from Creative England, in partnership with UKIE, to support games developers, publishers or support services.
This programme has been devised with industry leaders for games businesses which are looking to develop and grow their business.
NOTE: While Games Scale Up is primarily focused on English regions, there are spaces available for Scottish companies.
Also note: This programme is focused on games businesses of all types, not just development studios. Now read on…
Who is it for?
Creative England and UKIE are looking to recruit a cohort of 10-15 games businesses who have the potential and ambition to scale their business.
Applicants must demonstrate that their work in some way promotes the art, creativity and storytelling power of game making.
What is involved?
The programme starts in September and will run for six months, and includes masterclasses, workshops and networking opportunities with leading industry partners and investors.
Businesses chosen to join the cohort will:
- Learn the vital skills required to create and complete a comprehensive plan to scale their businesses.
- Get expert advice on business strategy and planning, funding and finance, taking their businesses to market, decision making and how to structure teams and hire the right talent.
- Learn directly from and build their network with proven industry leaders.
The Games Scale Up programme is specifically looking to support developers, publishers or support services which have had some recent, proven success, which have the potential and ambition to scale their business and which can demonstrate that their work in some way promotes the art, creativity and storytelling power of game making.
Your business must be based in the UK, with priority being given to those based in the English regions outside of London.
Eligibility in Scotland
While this project is backed primarily by Creative England, there are two spaces available for companies in Scotland. Our friends at InGAME are sponsoring two places for developers based in their catchment area of the ‘Tay Cities region’ This includes: Dundee, Angus, Perth & Kinross and Fife.
Some of the areas that we will consider are:
- You must have successfully made a game, taken one to market or launched a support service in the last two years.
- Must have employed a minimum of three people (part time or full time) at some point in the last two years.
- Your business must have generated revenue in the last year.
How to apply
Before you apply, please read the FAQs
August 28, 12:00
For any questions regarding the programme, please contact Dan.Wood@creativeengland.co.uk