Distant Star: Revenant Fleet is a brand new release from Edinburgh’s Blazing Griffin. It is a real-time, space-strategy game for PC, featuring fleet-based combat, a dynamically generated galaxy, and an evolving narrative that creates a different experience every time the game is played.
The company is positioning the game as a rogue-like meets strategy experience. A classic space-based real-time strategy game, but with more replay value than some of the game’s more scripted predecessors.
We won’t lie. We’re suckers for a good space-based strategy game at SGN HQ. Homeworld remains a high point of the genre and we’re really quite excited to see how Distant Star shapes up. Obviously we’re even more excited to see a Mac version of the game, but we can wait… impatiently.
- Galaxy Map – the first release offers a single Sector map – the full game will include multiple Sector maps and a larger Galaxy map to explore.
- Mission Types – different mission types will be added to the game. Each mission mode will randomly produce a different mission type.
- Maps – each mission type will be played on a different map type (which will also be further randomised).
- Story Content – more story content will be added to the game.
- Ship Upgrades – limited upgrades options are available on early alpha launch, with significantly more being added after launch.
- Final Battle – a custom map and mission type for the end game battle.
- Player Feedback – we will include player feedback and ideas taken from our Alpha forums.
The game is currently available on Itch.io:
If you’re a space fan, megalomaniacal space dictator, aficionado of space war, or a commander in a breakaway civilisation, based upon captured alien technology which has been secretly growing alongside the civilian world for years, who needs some space pointers on the finer points of space wars with space beings, Distant Star: Revenant Fleet could be the game for you.
Distant Star: Revenant Fleet (PC, Early Alpha release) – £4.99