BAFTA CREW for Games is now open. CREW is an intensive programme of masterclasses, workshops, live and online events, which gives participants access to the games industry’s leading experts and thought leaders, providing a unique opportunity to learn from and engage with the people working on the cutting edge.
BAFTA CREW will work directly with participants who sign up to create a custom-built programme which reflects the interests and needs of those taking part in CREW.
Space is very limited. There are only 100 slots in the CREW programme and they’re likely to go fast. It’s also incredibly reasonable. There’s a £15 joining fee and access to travel bursaries for events outside your region. The only eligibility criteria is that you’ve worked in the games industry for two years.
Here’s what’s on offer:
- 4 Live masterclasses with BAFTA winning and nominated professionals from the Games Industry at venues held across the UK;
- 4 interactive livestream Q&A sessions focusing on a range of subjects from BAFTA nominees or professionals with BAFTA-nominated credits;
- 8 downloadable podcasts of all live events in the programme;
- Networking opportunities for BAFTA Crew members and local industry after the live masterclasses.
- The opportunity to engage with leading scientists and researchers from the Wellcome Trust – BAFTA Crew members will have the opportunity to discuss story, ideas and concepts aiming to explore how Biomedical Science can inform Game Design.
- Exclusive online social networking and the chance to meet with other BAFTA CREW Games 2014 members, speakers and programme partners
This is an incredible opportunity in an industry where skills and training can often be overlooked. Even better, BAFTA CREW is working with the Wellcome Trust to explore the links between games and biomedicine, creating an entirely new opportunity for those in the programme to create new links with another cutting edge global industry (which also has a strong base in Dundee…)
The programme mentions story and narrative, game design, audio, etc. however it’s important to note that the whole programme will be tailored around the participants, so CREW is open to every discipline from programming and coding to management, design, production, journalism, audio, animation, etc. etc. etc.
Registration for BAFTA CREW Games closes at 12:00 on Monday 17th November 2014.
To secure your place, register online at BAFTA.ORG.
BAFTA CREW Games is supported by Creative Skillset, through the Skills Investment Fund and the Wellcome Trust.