The 2014 TIGA Awards are now open for entries. As in previous years, the competition is free to enter. There are several categories of games specific events, which are open to all companies, while the games business categories are limited to TIGA members only.
The games categories are:
- GAME WITH A PURPOSE
- STUDENT GAME
- ACCESSIBILITY AWARD
- DEBUT GAME
- MOST ORIGINAL GAME
The games business categories are:
- INDEPENDENT STUDIO
- IN-HOUSE STUDIO
- SERVICE PROVIDER – BEST ART SUPPLIER
- SERVICE PROVIDER – BEST AUDIO SUPPLIER
- SERVICE PROVIDER – BEST ANIMATION SUPPLIER
- SERVICE PROVIDER – BEST RECRUITMENT AGENCY
- SERVICE PROVIDER – BEST ACCOUNTANCY FIRM
- SERVICE PROVIDER – BEST LEGAL SERVICES
- SERVICE PROVIDER – BEST QA PROVIDER
- BEST EDUCATIONAL INSTITUTION
- BEST EDUCATION INITIATIVE
- BEST ENGINES AND MIDDLEWARE, TOOLS AND TECHNOLOG
- NEW IP
- VISUAL DESIGN
- GAME DESIGN
- AUDIO DESIGN
- MARKETING CAMPAIGN
In addition, there are two special awards:
- GAME OF THE YEAR
- PERSON OF THE YEAR
Every game that is shortlisted by the judges will automatically be entered into the Game of the Year category. This category is then open to a public vote.
The Person Of The Year award is not open to votes. It recognises exceptional achievement by a TIGA member and their contribution to TIGA and the games industry.
You can out all of the details, categories, criteria and eligibility information on the dedicated TIGA Awards website.
Entries are open until midnight on the 19th of September.