The University of the West of Scotland, West College Scotland and IGDA Scotland have put together an eye-wateringly good introduction to the world of gaming and the interactive industry as a career.
Games West takes place at the UWS Paisley Campus on December 4th 2013.
The bad news is, that the event is aimed at students in further education and higher education…
GamesWest features speakers from across the gaming world, workshops, panels and presentations from speakers including:
- Gary Carr (Lionhead Studios) – Keynote
- Patrick Connor (Sony Computer Entertainment) – Keynote
- Dr Jo Twist – CEO of Ukie, trade body for the UK’s wider interactive entertainment industry
- Mitu Khandaker-Kokoris – The Tiniest Shark & Develop ’30 under 30′ games developer of 2012
- Lee Stott – Microsoft evangelist
- Dave Sharp – Digital entrepreneur (Binary Asylum)
- Luke Dicken – AI specialist and IGDA Director
- Pete Shea – Creative Director, Firebrand Games, Glasgow
- Donnie Kerrigan – MD, Chunk Games, Glasgow
- Iain Lowson – freelance games writer
- Craig Steele – Project Manager, Coderdojo Scotland
The programme looks incredible, covering everything from game jams and portfolio reviews, to CV best practice, freelancing tips, community management, research and publishing.
Tickets are going fast, but there are a few left for the afternoon. If you’re a student at any of the institutions involved, get a hold of a ticket NOW.
Huge congratulations to UWS, WCS and IGDA Scotland, it looks like it’s going to be an amazing day…