A quick reminder to game developers out there that this Friday (14th January 2011), NESTA is holding an open meeting to discuss plans to create a consortium to ‘take products direct to market’. Or to create a developer-driven publisher in other words.
Taking place at the DCA in Dundee, the meeting is the only one scheduled to take place in Scotland. According to NESTA:
This will be your chance to learn more about the consortium- how we will select members, the management structure etc.
We have a great panel of speakers lined up [see below…] We have already run one event in London and will be holding another event in Leeds later this month. Our closing date for interested consortium members will be February 14th – so do come along and learn what this could mean for your business.
The event is free, but you do need to register to attend.
Date: Friday 14th January 2011
Venue: Meeting Room, Dundee Contemporary Arts, 142 Nethergate, DUNDEE, DD1 4DY
- Welcome (5 Mins) – Jackie McKenzie : NESTA
- Consortium Presentation (15 Mins) – Chris Wright : Games Consultancy
- Legal Structure (5 Mins) – Paul Gardner : Osborne Clarke
- Project Financing (5 Mins) – Tim Gatland : Fund4Games
- TIGA (5 Mins) – Lorna Evans : TIGA
- UKIE (5 Mins) – Andy Payne : UKIE
- Q&A (20 Mins)
- Drinks and Networking (60 Mins)
Please RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org