The Inclusive Design for Sustainability Conference is pioneered by the Royal National Instiutute for the Blind (RNIB) Scotland with support from partners in the global technology community.
This conference is for inclusion specialists, technology professionals and policy makers from across the accessibility and sustainability domains.
The event directly supports the fast-growing trend within the tech sector, of making the concept of inclusive design an integral component of society’s sustainability.
The two-day conference will be a dynamic blend of topics as diverse as they are interconnected. There will be talks about people, tech and intersectionality, environment, connectivity, sustainability and wellness, all within the context of blindness and low vision.
The keynote speaker is Axel Leblois from the global G3ict initiative, who will bring a United Nations perspective, and the organisers are also delighted to have Google supporting the conference including a keynote address by Christopher Patnoe, Head of Accessibility and Disability Inclusion, EMEA.
Executive leaders from Google, Samsung, Sony, Virgin Media O2 will be joining us alongside academic institutions and SME Technology companies.
Sessions will include Sustainable Environment and Design, People & Intersectionality, Connectivity and Digital Wellbeing and Hybrid Happiness.
Day One – Wednesday 21st June
- 12:00 Registration and marketplace
- 13:00 Welcome and Opening address – Keynote speaker Axel Leblois from the global G3ict initiative.
- 13:30 Session 1: Sustainable Environment and Design – A discussion on environmental & design technology and mobility.
- 15.30 Session 2: People and Intersectionality – Understanding the relationship between people and technology.
- 17.30 End of Day one
Day Two – Thursday 22nd June
- 09:30 Registration
- 10:15 Welcome address
- 10:45 Session 3 Connectivity – It’s all around us, it’s invisible, but how does it connect us?
- 12:30 Lunch
- 13:30 Session 4: Digital Wellbeing and Hybrid Happiness – Understanding digital wellbeing and screen usage in an age of technology reliance.
- 14:30 Coffee
- 15:15 Tech Solutions
- 15:45 Reflections
- 16:30 End of Day 2
To find out more about the Inclusive Design For Sustainability Conference, visit the RNIB website.
To book your ticket vist the EventBrite link below: