Applications are open for Cohort 8 of Creative Bridge, a free programme for creative entrepreneurs keen to turn a creative idea (such as a game development studio) into a business.
The course is perfect for creatives with early stage ideas, or a high concept for a business, product or service. Creative Bridge incorporates elements such as ideation, startup thinking, innovation, tech and product development. Over the 10 week programme, participants will learn as part of a cohort, hearing from industry professionals the stories, insights and key processes to take their idea from plan to pitch.
The course focuses on three key areas:
- Helping you turn a creative idea into a sustainable business
- Breaking down barriers to the startup world by demystifying the jargon around tech entrepreneurship
- Sharing toolkits and processes to give creatives the power to respond to fast change and cultivate resilience in a turbulent world
Sessions And Speakers
Creative Bridge takes place on Wednesday afternoons for 10 weeks. The course is tailored for the needs of each cohort, but will cover core topics including:
- Understanding Your Customers
- The Build-Measure-Learn cycle
- Pitch Decks
- Funding & Investment
Alongside those core sessions, the programme also invites speakers from around the world to share their stories of entrepreneurial success (and failure). So participants hear the warts and all journeys that real entrepreneurs have been on, and can talk candidly about successes and mistakes.
Regular speakers include a range of creatives from across Scotland and the UK, as well as global entrepreneurs with exciting creative stories to share.
- Sahil Lavignia, founder, Gumroad
- Danae Shell, co-founder & CEO, Valla
- Narie Foster, co-founder, M.M.LaFleur
- Amy Williams, founder, Good-Loop
- Abhishek Lahoti, DropBox
- Didier Sibellas, Design Lead, Canva
- Sarah Stenhouse, founder, Oodls
- Neil Mackintosh, 25+ Design
- Ivana McConnell, Senior Product Designer, HashiCorp
Run by CodeBase and funded via Creative Informatics, Creative Bridge is free for successful applicants. If Scottish Government restrictions allow, the programme will be delivered in a hybrid format, and participants may opt to join sessions either online or in person.
Creative Bridge Cohort 8 runs on Wednesdays from 23 March to 25 May 2022 and anyone creative working/living in Edinburgh and South East Scotland is eligible.
Applications close 7 February.
Find out more and apply here.