The culture committee is one of the key points of engagement for Scotland’s creative industries at a parliamentary level.
All of the parliamentary committees were dissolved in the run up to the Scottish elections in May 2021. They are now being re-established, with new convenors elected.
On Thursday 17th June, the Scottish Parliament agreed on the membership of committees of the Parliament.
The Membership of the Constitution, Europe, External Affairs and Culture Committee is:
- Clare Adamson (SNP) @ClareAdamsonSNP (Committee Convenor.)
- Jenni Minto (SNP) @jenni_minto
- Alasdair Allan (SNP) @alasdairallan
- Patrick Harvie (Greens) @patrickharvie
- Sarah Boyack (Lab) @SarahBoyack
- Donald Cameron (Cons) @DAJCameron (Committee Deputy Convenor.)
- Sue Webber (Cons) @SueJWebber
Culture Committee Convenor Appointments
The Committee held its first meeting on Wednesday 23rd June 2021. The agenda included a declaration of interests, Choice of Convener and Deputy Convener and discussion of the Committee’s Legacy paper. The Committee Appointed Clare Adamson (SNP) as Convenor and Donald Cameron (Cons) as Co-Convenor. The full session is available to watch on Parliament TV.
Information on other Committees is available on the Scottish Parliament website here.