Austin has created a study to explore the opportunities offered by VR in terms of storytelling towards a framework for creating and monitoring narrative engagement in interactive cinematic VR experiences.
The story presented is based on Scottish folklore. It involves both an anonymous post questionnaire and observational recorded data (note taking). To keep everything safe and to observe the current travel/meeting restrictions, observation will take place through video chat. The footage will not be recorded.
VR study sessions should take no more than 20-44 minutes.
- Must be to be 18+
- Have normal or corrected-to-normal vision (e.g. glasses, contact lenses)
You must have access to the following:
- A VR headset and headphones (Oculus Rift, Rift S, Quest)* if you have a Quest, you will need a quest link cable as this application needs to be connected to your PC
- A VR capable computer
- Adequate floor space (at least 1.5 m x 1.5 m)
- Have access to internet connection.
- Have the ability to participate in a video chat (access to a camera)
You will be provided with the following assets:
- Consent Form (google docs)
- Participation sheet
- Project Download
- A short instruction sheet
- VR user safety information sheet (if needed)
- Post experience Questionnaire (LimeSurvey)
Deadline for applying to the VR study
July 31st 2021.
If you’d like to take part in the study, contact Austin directly.