The UK Games Fund Round 7 is now open for Expressions of Interest (EOI) from UK-based game developers. This is the start of a process to secure funding of up to £25,000.
Full applications are opening in the near future, but anyone interested in applying must complete an EOI.
Companies with a project already underway will have until Monday 31st May at 09:00 to register.
Shortlisted applicants will be interviewed in August and funded development work can begin from September.
UKGF notes that competition for the grants is very high, with a large volume of high quality applications received for every round.
Who Should Apply
The organisation provides several key criteria for applicants to ensure the best chances for a successful application:
- Applicants should have completed some early concept work, and have either a proof-of-concept work, or other visual pre-production work available
- A clear idea of your Unique Selling Point (USP) or other market differentiator and be able to communicate this effectively
- A development team in place, or capable of being assembled quickly, with key skills for team members used to prove development capability
- Past experience of completing and shipping a project (regardless of the success of the game)
- Knowledge of next steps beyond securing the grant. How the rest of the project will be funded, how publishing will be handled, etc.
- Be able to describe the future of your business, how the grant will benefit the business, and the future of the studio beyond this project.
You can find out more and download the Expression of Interest form on the UK Games Fund website.
You can see previous UKGF winners from Scotland here.