Creative Dundee Collaborative Commissions Offering £1,000 Funding For New Concepts
Creative Dundee has launched a new series of funding calls to encourage greater collaboration between Dundee’s videogames cluster and the city’s wider creative industries, focused on positive social outcome.
While the commisions are ‘only’ £1,000, Creative Dundee believes they will create an opportunity to spark new collaborations to form around topics which have the potential to positively impact society, through some paid time to develop early-stage digital or physical prototypes.
The goals are:
- To promote partnerships between Dundee’s creative and games sectors
- Provide time for collaborators to learn from each other and visit each other’s work spaces (physically or virtually)
- Champion collaborative learning and opportunities for experimentation;
- Create space for concept development, with clear societal benefits
- Share insights and understanding from each commission through Creative Dundee’s website
Eligible applicants must be:
- A creative practitioner / business collaborating with a games practitioner / business, or vice versa. Freelancers, SME businesses, students, creative social enterprises, charities and collectives are eligible
- Based in Dundee, or within the Tay Cities region
Since these commissions are about creating new collaborations and concepts, applications must involve a new partnership, not two or more people from the same business / organisation / collective.
Ideally, the two collaborators must be working together for the first time.
- Demonstrate how the collaboration will combine creativity and games to experiment and positively impact society
- Advance new and experimental ways of working for the creator’s practice
- Generate debate about the role of creativity and games to impact our lives
Creative Dundee’s team will assess applications on:
- How innovative is the proposal, is it experimental and does it have a social impact focus?
- Do the collaborators have the right mix of skills to deliver the proposed exploration?
- Is the proposed time frame achievable?
- Can the exploration be achieved within the proposed budget?
The deadline for applications is 09:00 on Monday 16 November 2020.
Creative Dundee Collaborative Commissions of £1,000 will open for application after each InGAME Insights event, which are held every two months. Four commissions of £1,000 will be awarded between Sept 2020 – May 2021.
To learn more and apply for one of the commissions visit the Creative Dundee site.