To stand for election, you must be a professional IGDA member in good standing and agree to be bound by the chapter bylaws. Nominations must be in by 23:59 on 11/11/2014.
The timeline for the elections is as follows:
- Monday 20th October
- Call for nominations opens
- Tuesday 11th November
- Nominations closed. All nominations must be received by this date.
- Must be a member by this date to participate in the vote.
- Wednesday 12th November
- Distribute Election Materials to members
- Tuesday 18th November
- Deadline for votes
- Wednesday 19th November
- New board members to be announced at Annual General Meeting
You can find the full details and background on the IGDA Scotland website.
If you’re planning to make a career for yourself in the games industry, then you should join the IGDA. It’s a global organisation, which does a great deal of good and represents individuals within an industry which can often seem dominated by companies and corporations.
The Scottish chapter is excellent, does a huge amount for the industry here in Scotland and has consistently provided great events and access to IGDA activities at all of the major conferences, expos and events worldwide.
Join up and help them thrive and grow.