The iOS version of Ancient Battle: Rome was the No. 1 strategy game in the iTunes Store in eight countries.The all new Mac version has been redesigned from the ground up to create a unique wargaming experience for OSX. It includes several new features including map zoom, combat analysis and strategic movement systems that Hunted Cow Studios has developed since the game’s original release.
Ancient Battle: Rome features eight campaigns, with 63 missions in total. The first tutorial campaign introduces the player to the techniques and strategies they will need to re-enact the victories of the Roman Legions. Over the course of the game, players will be able to use Roman legionaries, elephants, catapults, heavy and light cavalry, archers, slingers, fanatics and many other units. In total, players have access to 32 unique ancient units to engage in classic battle.
The Mac version of Ancient Battle: Rome includes all previously released in-app purchases for the game, including
- Caesars campaign in Gaul which culminates in the classic siege of Alesia, and the campaign between Julius Caesar and Pompey the Great, including the battle of Pharsalus.
- The Britannia campaign, the highlight of which is the highlight of Queen Boudicca’s demise at the battle of Verulamium.
- The Germania campaign with the Roman massacre at Teutoburger Wald.
- The Pontic campaign against Mithridates the Great. This campaign adds scythed chariots and the Greek Pike Phalanx to the game system.
- The Parthia campaign, where a whole Roman army infamously perished in the desert. This campaign also adds fully armored cataphracts and hordes of light cavalry archers to the game system.
- The abstract Terra Incognita campaign is also included; follow the exploits of a Roman army exploring lands unknown in this completely original campaign
Reviews for the iOS version of Ancient Battle: Rome included:
- Hunted Cow’s best wargame yet – Pocket Tactics
- Delivers everything one can expect from a strategy title – Arcade Sushi
- Smart, challenging, and surprisingly substantial strategy game – Pocket Gamer
Ancient Battle: Rome (Mac OSX) – $6.99/£4.99/€5.99