Eldevin, Hunted Cow’s officially EPIC Massively-Multiplayer Online Role-Playing Game (MMORPG) has received a new update (1.16), adding an evil wizard’s cornucopia of new content and bringing the game to computer desktops for the first time.
Since it was released in December 2013, Eldevin has been accessible and playable through web browsers. Now Hunted Cow has created a downloadable desktop client for Windows, Mac and Linux computers, allowing the game to be installed in the traditional fashion. The desktop client introduces some of the first elements of the game’s new hardware renderer, which will be implemented for Edlevin’s forthcoming release on Steam.
- Players can now use their social accounts (Facebook / Twitter / Google / Steam) to log into the game using the downloadable client.
- A Story Mode version to two of the game’s dungeons, giving players the option to enter a rebalanced version of the dungeon which can be completed solo and offering retuned loot appropriate to their level and challenge. The company plans to rework every dungeon in the game to offer a Story Mode version.
- Added a new Solo Dungeon mode – currently available for ‘The Boondocks’ and ‘The Vault’.
- 4 New Weekly Quests have been added to the ‘Bochdaen Tombs’
- The quest requirements for entering ‘The Vault’ have been removed.
- World Boss kills are now tracked in a stat.
- All obelisk buffs now persist through death.
- Crafted food is no longer on sale in the Golden Tankard.
- All seeds are now split-able.
- The abilities panel has been revamped to allow future expansion.
- Added a vanity chest to the Eldevin Shop that will store only vanity items.
- Gathering and Crafting Boosters have been replaced with Skill Boosters in the Eldevin Shop that benefit both parts of profession experience gain.
If you’re an adventure fan, an RPG player or a supporter of Scottish gaming, there’s never been a better time to pick up Eldevin. It’s free too. So you have NO excuse…
Eldevin (Windows/Mac OSX/Linux) – FREE