The Showcase gives indie studios an opportunity to gain exposure for their games – and receive direct feedback from a panel of judges.
Last year’s Indie Showcase featured Paladin Studios’ Momonga Pinball Adventures, Nyamyam Games’ Tengami, 232 Studios’ Epic Eric, and Greenfly Studios’ Drop That Candy .
Criteria for applying to the Indie Showcase are:
- Studios must have fewer than 15 people
- Studios – and games – must be non-publisher funded
- Games which are not published by a third party at the time of submission
- Games that have a development budget of less than £1,000,000
- Games that are created in the ‘indie spirit’
If selected as one of the 10 finalists, a studio will receive two free Indie Dev Day conference passes, up to five expo passes, pre-event publicity and a profile on the Develop website.
In addition, finalists will also be demonstrating their games to around 1,600 developers and publishers over the three days of the Develop conference.
One game will be chosen as the Indie Showcase Winner by the judging panel, but journalists will also select one for the Editors Choice Award while all delegates can vote for the winner of the People’s Choice Award.
The deadline for entries is 12 May 2014. The winners will be announced on Thursday 10 July.