UK Trade and Industry (UKTI) is looking for up to 25 leading app developers from across the United Kingdom to join them on a trade mission to silicon valley, to learn from America’s leading brands, platforms and companies. The mission takes place on the 17th – 21st June 2013.
We are currently recruiting B2B and B2C companies with cutting-edge mobile apps to join us for four days of sharing best practice and shortcuts to success, from Silicon Valley’s leading brands and platforms in the mobile app industry.
Send your rock star developer to San Francisco to learn from the best and showcase your app during this week long mission of master classes, workshops, and a hackathon. These tech-talks will be specifically tailored for technical architects or developers of already launched business-to-consumer or business-to-business mobile apps.
During the four day programme, delegates will:
- Learn from experts and creators
- Network with US peers and innovators
- Promote your company and showcase your technology
Inclusion in the mission will cost: £510 +VAT (£1020 less 50% discount under UKTI’s current export promotion scheme) through UKTI’s Overseas Market Introduction Service (OMIS).
Mission activities will include:
- A pre-departure webinar to discuss Mission goals and objectives
- Four days of meetings and master classes with strategists and evangelists from:
- Multi-platform tools such as PayPal, Mozilla, and Adobe
- B2B strategies such as Mashery and Box
- B2C strategies such as Netflix and Kindle
- Platforms, Operators, and devices such as Sony and Samsung
- Demonstration stand at networking event to showcase your app(s) to Silicon Valley press and potential partners
- Participation in a hackathon
Delegate companies will need to meet the following minimum criteria:
- UK based SME* – or
- UK based Mobile App team (<50 people) in a larger company – and must have:
- Launched at least one mobile app (ideally a suite of apps) with at least 1500 downloads and 25 ratings And ideally a:
- Software Developer with awesome C++/Java capabilities and some GUI skills too
Deadline to apply is 17 May 2013, and applications will be considered on a rolling basis.
All applicants will be notified whether or not they have been selected to participate in this mission. If you are selected to participate in this mission, you must make payment via the OMIS system by 31 May 2013 to guarantee your space in the mission.