We’ve had a request from the team at One Thumb Mobile, who are looking for a number of staff, to let readers know about the opportunities within the company and what they’re up to at the moment.
If you’ve not come across them before, One Thumb Mobile is a leading mobile development studio based in Glasgow, specialising in high end and complex mobile development. The company has a track record of eleven years delivering 2D and 3D mobile games and entertainment apps.
In 2012 One Thumb launched Celtic Heroes, one of the first full scale 3D MMORPGs for mobile platforms and tablets, and has worked with games publishers and some of the world’s leading brands to create groundbreaking mobile games and entertainment products. One Thumb Mobile has created mobile products for brands such as Liverpool FC, Honda, Visa, Nissan and Star Trek, and achieved the number two overall best selling app in Apple’s UK App Store in May 2010.
The MMO game designer role is based around creating new game mechanics including items, stats, skills, quests, enemies, crafting, pvp, and many other types of game mechanics, whilst ensuring game balance and fun is maintained. This role comes with freedom to contribute to all aspects of the game as it evolves and improves over time.
– Experience designing RPG and MMO game mechanics is essential, with examples of previous game designs required.
– A love of MMO games and extensive playing history of numerous MMO games is essential.
– Any experience with freemium game mechanics is a plus.
– Commercial MMO or RPG design experience is advantageous.
– A strong portfolio is required, with examples of low polygon and medieval / fantasy style art.
– Experience creating artwork for RPG and MMO games is a plus.
– A love of MMO games and experience playing a variety of MMO games is also desirable.