The BAFTA Scotland Games Mentoring Programme is now open for applications. The programme, which has been produced in association with Screen Skills offers people beginning their career in the games sector to access the experience and expertise from business leaders and industry pioneers.
The 2021 programme aims to address issues of underrepresentation within Scotland’s games industry. It’s key focus will be to increase the numbers of women and those from underrepresented groups working in the Scottish Games Sector.
Recent research from UKIE showed that only 28% of the games industry are women, while a recent Game Developers Conference report found that 40% of games studios demonstrated ‘very little’ focus on inclusion and diversity.
There are currently around 600 BAFTA Games members in the UK. This, along with BAFTA Scotland’s industry partners’ expertise will allow us to develop a mentoring programme that provides essential opportunities in Scotland.
The BAFTA Scotland Games Mentoring Programme Offers:
- One induction session – to work on ‘light touch’ Personal Development Plans in preparation for their first meeting with their mentor.
- Five one-to-one mentoring sessions
- One CV Workshop
- One Games Event
- Peer-to-peer Networking
To be eligible for the BAFTA Scotland Games Mentoring Programme, applicants must be based in Scotland and meet at least one of the following additional criteria:
- Graduated from a College or University Games course/degree
- Between six months to two years’ experience in entry level positions within the games industry
- One or two credits in the games industry
The deadline to apply is Monday 27 September 2021, 5pm.
BAFTA Scotland is particularly keen to receive applications from women and those from underrepresented groups as defined here.