Entries are now open for the Creative Edinburgh Awards 2021. The competition celebrates the best and most innovative people, places and projects in Edinburgh’s creative sectors over the last 12 months.
You have until midnight on Monday 13 September to enter.
The awards are free to enter and open to anyone living or working in the Edinburgh city region. Entries must have been active or taken place between September 1st 2020 and August 31st 2021.
There are nine categories that people can enter:
- City – projects which have built on Edinburgh’s cultural values, drawn on its city spaces or amplified its creative sectors on a national or international stage
- Collaboration – projects involving two or more individuals or organisations which have pooled their creativity and strengthened their ties on outstanding projects
- Commercial – projects produced for commercial ends where the creative muscles have been flexed and unique end results have been produced
- Creativity – a one-off project that’s proved unforgettable. For when innovative approaches have been explored, financial gain has taken a backseat, risks have been taken, and exploration of new ideas and new talent has been placed at the forefront of a project
- Independent – recognising the individuals who continue to produce dedicated, inspiring and valuable projects which leave a lasting impression
- Leadership – people whose contribution to their field, a project or Edinburgh’s whole creative community has been valuable and vital
- Social – projects and people that use creativity to pioneer ideas, create change and support and engage communities
- Startup – for businesses that have been registered for three years or less and are already making their mark on Edinburgh’s creative scene
- Student – a full or part time student who has founded a project, developed new ways to approach a discipline or has pushed the boundaries of their medium alongside their studies
Enter The Creative Edinburgh Awards 2021
Winners will be chosen by an independent panel of creatives from a wide range of industries across the city, before being announced at the live awards ceremony in November.
Each year, winners receive a unique trophy marking their win and are immortalised on the Creative Edinburgh digital hall of fame. Examples of previous winners can be found on the Creative Edinburgh website.
People are free to nominate themselves or someone else. All nominations are submitted online.