As we head for the end of a… somewhat challenging year, there is some good news. As the final 2020 issue of The Computer Games Journal is published, the journal is about to enter its tenth year of publication.
The editors and publisher (Springer) have ambitious plans for enhancing this journal’s quality and online visibility, including SCOPUS indexing as well as impact factor. However, these plans demand a larger, more diverse editorial board, with wider networks, as well as a much greater input of high-quality papers being submitted.
The editors are now encouraging every board member to get in contact with colleagues, and other experts in their networks, to pass on this invitation message:
CALL FOR REVIEWERS
The Computer Games Journal is a worldwide, peer-reviewed publication providing knowledgeable articles covering a wide range of fields that are relevant to the games industry. Launched as an independent publication back in 2012, the journal is now owned by Springer and enjoys a global readership, with over 25,000 downloads of our papers to date.
The journal is now entering its 10th year, and has seen a steady rise in submissions. The editors now aim to expand the editorial board in order to broaden the board’s expertise, and to encourage more academics, students and other games experts to contribute papers to this journal.
Notes For Applicants
Academics, researchers, industry practitioners and postgraduate students with expertise in the following areas are encouraged to join our editorial board:
- games programming and technology
- game genres, gamers’ preferences and purchasing habits
- entrepreneurship and business management
- the moral and legal implications of game content
- applications of game theory/technology in other fields (e.g. medicine, psychology, commerce)
Those interested should note that:
- Each reviewer is expected to review at least one paper in each six month period
- The journal employs a double-blind peer review system using the Aries editorial manager
- Editorial board members are also entitled free access to the journal’s papers.
For further information on guidelines for editorial board members, please contact the editors-in-chief.
Guidelines for prospective authors submitting to the journal are available online.