Attention game developers, digital creators, producers, writers, or anyone with an interest in creating something new and fun.
The Bureau of Silly Ideas and Surge are proud to present a brand new Games Jam. Not just A.N.Other random, anonymous or ill-conceived games jam, but a games jam with (brace yourselves) £500 prize money.
The project is a free community participation arts project taking place in Glasgow and Dundee.
There are two categories for the mysteriously as-yet-unnamed jam:
- Web-based games
- Mobile Games (iOS & Android)
Registration is open now. The actual game development bits of the jam will take place (remotely) from 18:00 on Friday 2nd October.
The Bureau of Silly Ideas and Surge will release the theme for the Jam on October 2nd.
Games created during the jame will be demonstrated in central Glasgow from on Sunday 4th October at 16:00.
At the presentation, a panel of odd judges will select a game from each category that will receive £500. The games will then be tested out by the public in a project run by Bureau of Silly Ideas and Surge.
Along with £500, the winning games will be prepared and published by Surge on both iOS and Android. There will be no commercial use of the winning games.
- You may apply for both platforms
- Games must be created in either Unity or Unreal
- There is no limit to the number of people on the development team, however for the demonstration event on the 4th only two members of each team wil be allowed to attend
Entering The Jam
Please send an expression of interest to Alan Richardson on firstname.lastname@example.org by 17.00 on 23rd September 2020.
Your expression of interest must include your:
- email addresses
- your specialty (Web based games, mobile game development or both),
- link to a personal web site or development blog
- a link to a game/app you have developed on the platform you wish to take part in.
Please contact alan on: email@example.com if you have any questions.