4TG, the public facing games event, which was created in Aberdeen has announced that it will be holding it’s first event in Ayr in May 2020, with Dundee to follow later in the year.
Held at Ayr racecourse on the 8th & 9th of May, 4TG promises that the event will:
“Immerse attendees in the complete culture of gaming including FAUX E Sports, Retro & Classics, Exhibitors & Merchandise, Careers Advice, Cosplay & Photo Opportunities – Including a cosplay masquerade competition and loads more still to be released.”
In addition, 4TG is promising that Twitch and YouTube stars will be on hand throughout the event, giving fans the chance to meet some of Scotland’s most high profile streamers and influencers will be on hand to meet fans and players.
According to the website, the event will include a range of different areas, including:
- Arcade Zone – featuring classic, retro and modern arcade machines, including PAC-MAN, Donkey Kong & Crazy Taxi, as well as famous pinball tables such as Ghost Busters and Super Mario Brothers
- Career & Education Zone – with presence from the University of the West of Scotland and Ayr College
- Content Creation Workshops – Offering help to become the next big Twitch or YouTube star
- Cosplay – Including a £100 prize for the Masquerade competition (Saturday only)
- Exhibitors & Merchandise – swag, loot, memorabilia and stuff
- Guests – Obese Giraffe (449K subscribers), BonnieKiwiReal (62K) and WheresMyChallenge (1.4M) included
- Kids Zone – Featuring Fortnite Frenzy
- VR Zone – Featuring the latest games and VR experiences
Alexa Scott, the founder of 4TG told Scottish Games:
“This is the first time we’ve taken the 4TG brand on tour and I can’t think of a better place to be than in Ayrshire this coming May. We have so much planned and look forward to bringing everyone together for a weekend of gaming pleasure.”
Tickets are on sale now. A single day ticket costs £19, or £35 for the whole event. Family tickets are £57 for a single day and £75 for both.