Minecraft’s blocky, retro juggernaut of unstoppable awesome continues to thunder down the tracks of destiny.
A rather impressive 74% week-on-week jump in sales has pushed Minecraft Xbox 360 Edition to the number one slot on the GfK ChartTrack ALL FORMATS Top 40 Chart in the UK.
That’s the new chart covering all of the games consoles, so includes multi-platform games and franchises such as FIFA 13, Far Cry 3 and Assassin’s Creed III. So Minecraft’s single platform Xbox 360 version has outstripped, well, everyone, to claim the number one position.
Congratulations to Notch, Mojang and of course the team at 4J Studios on yet another fabulous milestone…
Here’s the full Top 20 for the week ending 27/07/13:
1. Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition (Microsoft)
2. Pikmin 3 (Nintendo)
3. The Last of Us (Sony)
4. Animal Crossing: New Leaf (Nintendo)
5. Mario and Luigi: Dream Team Bros (Nintendo)
6. FIFA 13 (EA)
7. Far Cry 3 (Ubisoft)
8. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim: Legendary Edition (Bethesda)
9. Tomb Raider (Square Enix)
10. LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes (Warner Bros)
11. Assassin’s Creed III (Ubisoft)
12. Grand Theft Auto IV (Rockstar)
13. New Super Luigi U (Nintendo)
14. Max Payne 3 (Rockstar)
15. LEGO The Lord of the Rings (Warner Bros)
16. Call of Duty: Black Ops II (Activision)
17. Grand Theft Auto Episodes: Liberty City (Rockstar)
18. Dynasty Warriors 8 (Tecmo Koei)
19. Battlefield 3 (EA)
20. Need for Speed: Most Wanted (EA)
Story from MCV.