YoYo Games has not been resting on it’s laurels at the start of 2011. Following a busy release schedule in 2010, the company has just announced two new games for the iPhone/iPad…
Prison Ball is a brand new twist on the classic ‘block breaker’ type game, set in the depths of a state penitentiary(?) Offering 140 levels and multiple power-ups and Game Center support, the game will also be coming to other platforms including Android and PSP in the near future.
Karoshi on the other hand is a bleak meditation on the pointlessness of life as you guide your tiny Japanese salaryman to numerous grisly ends and help him to escape the grim mundanity of the everyday grind. From the maker of They Need To Be Fed, Karoshi offers 50 levels of top-tastic entertainment.
Finally, YoYo is looking for an experienced Game Maker programmer to join their team in Dundee.
According to YoYo applicants should meet the following criteria…
- Must have a deep technical understanding of Game Maker, particularly GML script
- Good communication skills
- Fluent English speaking
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Aged 18 or over
- Must be able to work in the UK
- Must be able to relocate to Dundee, Scotland
- Basic knowledge of using art packages e.g. Photoshop, Paint Shop Pro, Paint.Net, GIMP, etc…
- Good understanding of Game Design
- Ability to use Audio packages e.g. SoundForge, Goldwave, etc…
If you’re interested, get in touch.