Website YoYo Games Ltd
Dundee, Scotland (UK remote considered)
Come work with us
As a Software Designer you will be responsible for defining the functionality of new features to be added to GameMaker and associated systems while also designing improvements to existing features. Carrying out competitor analysis, analysing current features/user trends, and writing/maintaining detailed documentation will make up the core elements of the role.
An ideal candidate will have experience using a variety of different software, especially game development tools, and be proficient in their use.
- Understand product vision and business needs to define product requirements and product functional design solutions
- Guide the team in translating the overall vision into implemented functionality.
- Responsible for defining new features, feature integration into an existing tool, and making sure features are fully delivered to the highest quality.
- Assess competitor products and industry standards during product design.
- Responsible for the creation and maintenance of comprehensive and detailed design documentation.
- Work with large amounts of data and be able to understand and smartly apply the results to drive the product design.
- Contribute to the creation and continuous development of processes and pipelines.
- Work with Production, UX/UI Designers, and management to ensure scope and milestones are met.
- Ability to assess customer needs and translate them into usable design.
- Ability to write clear and concise design documentation / briefs
- Experience on core systems design, seeing those designs through to execution, and ongoing support / development.
- Experience with a variety of different software.
Experience with a variety of games development tools and editors(Unity, Unreal, etc).
- Extensive experience analysing complex sets of data
Ability to work well independently and to work in multiple disciplines teams.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
We will review applications on a rolling basis, apply now!
YoYo Games joined the Opera family in January 2021. We believe in an open, relaxed and fun environment where creativity and talent thrive and is encouraged every day. From our humble beginnings, we have always ensured that GameMaker was built and developed with usability and efficiency in mind – and that’s no different today. A single code base and a low barrier to entry coupled with a very high skill ceiling mean we accommodate all levels of user, from the hobbyists to the seasoned developers. We then allow all games to run natively across a multitude of platforms including PS4, Xbox One, Android, iOS, OS X, HTML5, Linux, Windows 8, Windows Phone 8 and Windows RT.
Opera is a Norwegian company founded in 1995 publicly listed on the NASDAQ stock exchange.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.