Quote: SGN002 when applying
Tag Games is an ambitious and growing mobile game studio based in Dundee, Scotland. We have a 14 year legacy of making mobile games for some of the biggest brands on the planet.
This year Tag is embarking on our most ambitious and exciting title yet, developing a brand new cross platform IP in partnership with a world renowned publisher. We are looking for passionate new people to join us on our quest to forge a place in players’ hearts.
Our culture is collaborative and relaxed. We encourage feedback and support each other to solve problems – always striving to be the best we can be. We are driven by a passion for quality and delivering outstanding products. If this feels like a studio where you can thrive and grow then we have a variety of roles available, both in our Dundee studio and remote. It would be great to have you join our team!
Tag Games Studios is building a brand new world-leading, cross platform IP played by millions of gamers and we need a Technical Designer to join the team. As part of a multidisciplinary team, you will help shape the architecture for new game systems; as well as, create and implement the more complex technical design elements into the game. You will be flexible, highly motivated and approachable, and you will compose design documentation to a high standard. A core part of the design team and a huge part of this new product, you will have considerable responsibility and autonomy in the design and your tasks.
Here’s what you will be doing:
- Drive the development of features by working in close collaboration with production, engineers, designers and other disciplines.
- Provide insightful feedback in design discussions with an emphasis on the realities of the engine and system constraints and how they will impact development.
- Provide accurate risk assessments to production, engineering, and design when new features are proposed.
Maintain a clear understanding of design direction so that systems can be implemented to spec and design intentions can be communicated clearly to other disciplines.
- Facilitate creation tool building & pipelines to improve design iterations and design ease/speed.
To do this job, you will need:
- Industry experience in a similar Technical Design position.
- Scripting experience in C# (Unity), or similar.
- Exceptional understanding of game systems.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
A strong ability to identify and solve problems throughout all stages of development.
- A genuine passion for games.
While not required, below are nice to have:
- Work on large scale multiplayer products.
- An avid player of some of the following genres: MMOs, RPG, Strategy games.
Special Move acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment
To apply for this job email your details to Gavin@specialmove.com