Quote: SGN003 when applying
Tag Games is an ambitious and growing mobile game studio based in Dundee, Scotland. We have a 14 year legacy of making mobile games for some of the biggest brands on the planet.
This year Tag is embarking on our most ambitious and exciting title yet, developing a brand new cross platform IP in partnership with a world renowned publisher. We are looking for passionate new people to join us on our quest to forge a place in players’ hearts.
Our culture is collaborative and relaxed. We encourage feedback and support each other to solve problems – always striving to be the best we can be. We are driven by a passion for quality and delivering outstanding products. If this feels like a studio where you can thrive and grow then we have a variety of roles available, both in our Dundee studio and remote. It would be great to have you join our team!
- Tag Games Studios is building a brand new world-leading, cross platform IP played by millions of gamers and our new IP needs a Combat Designer to join the team.
- You will be closely collaborating with other disciplines to craft combat features and combat scenarios to the highest standard.
- You will be flexible, highly motivated and approachable, and you will compose design documentation to a high standard.
- A core part of the design team and a huge part of this new product, you will have considerable responsibility and autonomy in the design and your tasks.
Here’s what you will be doing:
- Work with our growing design team to build world leading character driven gameplay systems.
- Work closely with the design and engineering team to implement and polish compelling combat experiences.
- Help to establish creative guidelines on how to implement character behaviors that fit the game’s vision.
- Collaborate with other disciplines to create game content that delivers a rewarding and exciting experience for the player.
- Participate in required production related meetings and functions as needed. Attend and participate in combat-specific discussions concerning combat design and combat design issues.
- Continually monitor and balance combat systems, character stats and abilities.
To do this job, you will need:
- Industry experience in a game design position.
- Proven experience with character-driven gameplay systems in at least one project.
- Knowledge of key combat design concepts.
The ability to create interesting, exciting and varied combat experiences.
- A strong ability to identify and solve problems throughout all stages of development.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- A genuine passion for games.
While not required, below are nice to have:
- Experience scripting in C# (Unity), or similar.
Special Move acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment
To apply for this job email your details to Gavin@specialmove.com