Special Move is working with an ambitious and growing mobile game studio Tag Games based in Dundee, Scotland. Who have a 14 year legacy of making mobile games for some of the biggest brands on the planet.
This year Tag is embarking on its most ambitious and exciting title yet, developing a brand new cross platform IP in partnership with a world renowned publisher. We are looking for passionate new people to join their team on their quest to forge a place in players’ hearts.
Tags culture is collaborative and relaxed. They encourage feedback and support each other to solve problems – always striving to be the best they can be. They are driven by a passion for quality and delivering outstanding products. If this feels like a studio where you can thrive and grow then we have a variety of roles available, both in their Dundee studio and remote. It would be great to have you join their team!
The Technical Artist acts as a bridge between the artists and programmers, ensuring the art content and features are easily integrated into the game while respecting the artistic vision and technical constraints of the project.
Here’s what you will be doing:
● Developing, testing and maintaining Art tools, Pipelines and systems in conjunction with animators, gameplay programmers and other team members with an eye towards usability and efficiency.
● Assist in the design, integration and validation of art assets.
● Working with modellers and programmers to create 3D art and bring it into the Unity Game Engine.
● Supporting artists and engineers in the use of the 3D art pipeline and user-facing engine tools
● Reviewing the creative process and identifying opportunities for tool improvements.
● Collaborating with engineers and testers to diagnose and resolve in-game problems.
● Collaborating with partner studios to share technology and best practices.
To do this job, you will need:
● Minimum 1-year experience in a digital art content creation pipeline, ideally in the video game industry
● Professional experience as a technical artist/tools programmer.
● The number and variety of tech-art areas of interest in your past activity is also important
● Expert in modelling and art tools (Autodesk Maya, Photoshop, etc.)
● Excellent verbal and written communication skills
● Good artistic skills (proportion, colour, composition);
● Ability to work with technical documentation;
● Passion for videogames and extensive knowledge of different game genres across all platforms.
● Self-motivated and proactive.
● Positive attitude and a genuine team player.
● A great ability to think creatively to overcome technical challenges.
While not required, below are nice to have:
● Experience with game editors and engines is considered a plus;
● Knowledge of high-level coding language. (Python, Perl, C#, etc.)
● Experience with shader development in a 3D modelling package (e.g. Maya) and/or game engine (e.g. Unity Engine).
Special Move acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.