Special Move is working with an ambitious and growing mobile game studio Tag Games based in Dundee, Scotland. Who have a 14 year legacy of making mobile games for some of the biggest brands on the planet.
This year Tag is embarking on its most ambitious and exciting title yet, developing a brand new cross platform IP in partnership with a world renowned publisher. We are looking for passionate new people to join their team on their quest to forge a place in players’ hearts.
Tags culture is collaborative and relaxed. They encourage feedback and support each other to solve problems – always striving to be the best they can be. They are driven by a passion for quality and delivering outstanding products. If this feels like a studio where you can thrive and grow then we have a variety of roles available, both in their Dundee studio and remote. It would be great to have you join their team!
The Technical Animator will be responsible for developing and maintaining animation systems, rigging, pipelines and processes used by the animation team. The Technical Animator reports to the Lead Technical Artist.
Here’s what you will be doing:
● Developing, testing and maintaining complex animation systems in conjunction with animators, gameplay programmers and other team members as required.
● Providing technical support on the animation tools and editor to the team.
● Assisting in the design, integration and validation of animation assets.
● Learning all required features and functions of the animation system editor and tools.
● Animating characters and other assets as required.
● Participating in and supervising the integration of the animation assets into the Unity game engine.
● Collaborating to ensure compliance of animation features with technical, aesthetic and gameplay constraints.
● Collaborate with engineers and testers to diagnose and resolve in-game problems.
● Collaborate with partner studios to share technology and best practices.
● Supporting the Art team in any ad hoc tasks and duties.
● Assisting in planning and scheduling of animation work.
To do this job, you will need:
● Minimum 1-year experience in a digital art content creation pipeline, ideally in the video game industry.
● 2−3 years of experience as an Animator, or Technical Animator in the game industry.
● Strong practical understanding of animation logic: node graphs, animation trees and similar engine editors and technologies;
● Experience with Python and familiarity with the Maya API;
● Experience on character action-focused games preferred with at least one shipped title;
● Strong character animation skills and understanding of animation principles;
● An enthusiastic, methodical and organised approach to work with high-quality standards;
● Able to document and explain your work clearly and concisely;
● Strong understanding of rigging, skinning and related character technologies;
● Strong knowledge of human anatomy and the visual arts;
● Ability to work flexibly, accept and give feedback and adapt to change;
● The number and variety of tech-art areas of interest in your past activity is also important.
● Self-motivated and proactive.
● Positive attitude and a genuine team player.
● A great ability to think creatively to overcome technical challenges.
While not required, below are nice to have:
● Experience with game editors and engines is considered a plus;
● Tool creation for various artist software such as ZBrush, Photoshop, etc;
Special Move acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment
To apply for this job please visit www.specialmove.com.