Special Move is working with an ambitious and growing mobile game studio Tag Games based in Dundee, Scotland. Who have a 14 year legacy of making mobile games for some of the biggest brands on the planet.
This year Tag is embarking on its most ambitious and exciting title yet, developing a brand new cross platform IP in partnership with a world renowned publisher. We are looking for passionate new people to join their team on their quest to forge a place in players’ hearts.
Tags culture is collaborative and relaxed. They encourage feedback and support each other to solve problems – always striving to be the best they can be. They are driven by a passion for quality and delivering outstanding products. If this feels like a studio where you can thrive and grow then we have a variety of roles available, both in their Dundee studio and remote. It would be great to have you join their team!
Tag is searching for a UI / UX Designer to join the their super creative team on a fresh new IP. You will be closely collaborating with other disciplines particularly the design team to design and implement User-interfaces that are both beautiful, functional and work across their new cross platform product. You’ll play a hands-on role in creating experiences that matter – from shaping the big picture to crafting the smallest details.
Here’s what you will be doing:
- Undertaking competitor UX research, heuristic evaluations on internal and competitor UX, expert UX reviews and audits
- Troubleshooting their product and design enhancements to reduce friction for users
- Working with technical delivery teams to solve technical and logistical issues with UI
- Driving UX excellence for the game Tag are developing
- Leading UX meetings and workshops to capture the products requirements
- Facilitating focus groups to determine player needs
- Creating personas, user journeys and experience maps
- Translating design documents and/or creative conversations into UX actions
- Proposing a range of creative conceptual ideas for UX
- Creating sketches and storyboards to visualise UX solutions
- Executing detailed wireframes and create prototypes
- Incorporating iterative design, live data, and user testing throughout the development process.
- Collaborating with artists and engineers to translate UX designs into wonderful experiences
To do this job, you will need:
- Prior experience working on game titles
- In-depth knowledge of UI and UX principles
- Excellent communication skills
- Exceptional eye for detail and quality
- Experience with creating and delivering user experience projects
- A good working knowledge of wireframing tools
- A proactive, can-do attitude An enthusiastic and demonstrable understanding of the science of User
- Experience and User Centred Design
- Well versed in user experience methodologies and their applications
- An understanding of visual syntax – colour, shape, placement, motion, behaviours, etc
- An understanding of mobile gaming challenges and can identify best-in-class UX examples
- Ability to articulate the work – verbal, written, and visual presentation skills
- A genuine passion for games
While not required, below are nice to have:
- Unity Experience
Special Move acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment
To apply for this job email your details to Gavin@specialmove.com