Website Outplay Entertainment
Millions of players interact daily with Outplay’s cloud-based server infrastructure. While it is vital that our systems are always reliable and responsive, it is equally important that we continually develop new features to improve and expand upon the needs of the business.
We are looking for an experienced Software Engineer with a passion for working on scalable, distributed systems to join our back-end technology team.
You will be working with a team of skilled software engineers, closely collaborating with front-end and shared technology teams to shape the future technology platform behind the games our players enjoy!
- You will have some commercial experience of developing server-side systems. You are looking to expand your skills and knowledge by working at scale with a range of technologies.
- 2+ years industry experience in a software development role
- Strong software engineering experience and proficiency, with emphasis on:
- Design patterns and algorithms
- Experience with RESTful API development.
- Experience with cloud technologies (AWS)
All of these skills are of benefit for this role, but they aren’t absolutely necessary. If you have the strong foundational skills above, we can help you learn and build experience with technologies that are new to you.
- Familiarity with Linux and scripting languages
- Design and implementation of micro-service architectures
- Experience in live operations
- Experience working with SQL and NoSQL databases
- Experience of running Node.js applications in a production environment
- Usage of Docker and containers
- Familiar with software development methodologies, such as Agile and Scrum
- Implementation of caching technologies, such as Redis
Outplay Entertainment is the largest independent mobile developer in the UK and based in the thriving game’s hub of Dundee, Scotland. We create limitless fun for our players with lovingly crafted and innovative games for mobile phones and tablets.
This approach has seen us recognised for a stable of award-winning titles, including Mystery Match, Crafty Candy and Booty Quest. Our portfolio of awesome games is expanding, and we are always on the search for talented and passionate people to help us grow. With over 30 nationalities represented and a diverse range of experience and expertise, our teams thrive off their ability to work at the forefront of the mobile games industry, building or supporting live game experiences that are enjoyed by millions of players across the world.
The fun and passion injected into our games is reflected in our culture too. Outplay is more than just work. New team members will join a family that has conquered Munros, raced karts, taken on Tough Mudder and Rough Runner, competed in bake-offs, downward dogged, and even ventured to the wilds of Scotland together.
What we can offer
You will have the chance to benefit from our talent initiative, The Outplay Academy – and the opportunity to acquire new skills and grow alongside the business. From mentoring schemes and educational workshops to industry event attendance and guest speakers – we are proud of our dedication to development.
We also offer the following staff benefits:
- Private medical and dental care
- 33 days holiday
- Employee assistance package
- Childcare savings
- Bonus Scheme
- EMI Share Option Scheme
At Outplay, our mission is to create limitless fun for everyone who plays our games, and we value every individual that helps make that goal a reality. We are committed to remaining an equal opportunities employer and provide a friendly, safe, and welcoming environment for everyone who works here irrespective of age, race, ethnicity, religion, disability, gender, gender identity and expression, physical appearance, body size, and sexual orientation. All our employees are treated with dignity and respect, because being part of Outplay is more than just work – it’s a family.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.