Website Outplay Entertainment
As a Senior Designer, you will be tasked with pushing the boundaries of our games, constantly on the lookout to innovate and iterate on successful ideas. You will be joining a team that strives for excellence and as such you will be expected to cultivate, support and lead the design aspect for the project.
We are currently hiring an experienced Senior Game Designer who has been involved in games from concept to production and has a vision for where the mobile phone games industry may lead in the future.
As a Senior Designer at Outplay, you are a key member of the Design department, helping establish world class designs for your project (or team) and the company. You will work closely with Leads to steer design at a high level while also taking direct responsibility for more complex aspects of the game. In addition to overseeing the design output of more junior colleagues, you are always on the look-out for opportunities for the team to improve its efficiency and working practises. You possess an authoritive knowledge of multiple aspects of design development on your project and can advise, instruct, and innovate in these areas.
· Significant experience in a previous design role, ideally at least 5+ years but candidates with less experience who can demonstrate the skills required will be considered.
· Experienced in free 2 play games.
· Significant Academic experience within relevant discipline, or equivalent experience.
· Proven, demonstrated ability to lead others and a willingness and passion to manage a team to deliver exceptional quality.
· Experience in Unity would be an advantage.
· Spearhead one or more complex aspects of the game, such as new feature development, LTE design and implementation, live content revisions, etc.
· Work closely with Department Manager and other Leads to establish and communicate the design approach and direction.
· Design of new mechanics, features, LTEs, etc. Manage project requirements if necessary. As required, you directly guide Mid-Level and Junior Designers in design production, best practices, and visual direction as well as work behaviours.
· You will advise and guide Mid-level and Junior Designers to ensure their work is up to par, supporting them as needed, and helping keep them meaningfully challenged in their work.
· Participate in the hiring process to help filter and select candidates for design roles across the studio.
· Design creation and documentation,
· Content creation and review in build.
· Enhance design community and knowledge-sharing at Outplay via Academy workshops, etc. and representing Outplay externally at lectures, hiring fairs, conventions etc.
· Help assess and enhance culture and morale of design team and report and take action, as required.
· Able to report on (and represent) design effort on own project(s).
· Able to provide clear and insightful direction and troubleshoot issues, as required.
· Firm understanding of the skills and strengths of team members.
· Effective time management skills.
· Focused on producing high quality work.
· Good self-starter instincts and an ability to work with little to no oversight. Can shift between micro- and macro-level views of the project as needed. Easily adapts to changes in production resources, project scope, and goals Can provide mentorship and training to more junior designers.
· You communicate well considered, accurate timescales for delivery (for you and other team members, as required), and can anticipate where issues may arise ahead of commitment.
As a Lead at Outplay you may be required to take on a people management role, effectively and impactfully managing your direct reports. In this role you will manage the continuous development process, training, technical and career planning, recruitment and talent planning of those you manage. You will provide, maintain and communicate creative/technical vision and direction for your project/discipline on a regular basis. You will be responsible for identifying and encouraging areas of growth and development for people and policies.
Driven to establish and champion a stand out creative vision for our games in collaboration with the team.
Experienced in mobile and free-to-play game design with a passion for evolving and innovating the user experience to entertain, retain, and engage players.
Understands importance of player data analysis and able to propose and implement feature and content changes to improve a game’s key performance indicators.
Takes pride in the craft of making exceptional games and embraces the responsibility for pushing the quality and success of each game and motivates the team accordingly.
Appreciates that the team’s and company’s success is determined by the timely delivery of exceptional, optimised games and game updates and is committed to achieving each product goal accordingly.
Actively researches and keeps up to date with new games, industry and market trends, platform and OS changes, and best practices with a view to improve existing games and help innovate with future games.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.