Website Outplay Entertainment
Are you a creative, systematic and curious thinker who wants to be involved in the games industry? We are looking for QA engineers to join our talented QA team to rigorously and systematically test our games, tools and system applications.
The role will involve creating structured test scripts and test plans, providing clear, accurate feedback to developers and the management team and devising recommendations to improve QA processes and procedures.
This is an exciting opportunity and we are looking for the following attributes in our QA team:
- Experience of software testing – preferably for online and/or mobile gaming titles or a Degree in Game related /
- Information Technology studies.
- Attention to detail and works to ensure accuracy at all times.
- Excellent analytical skills and strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Good knowledge and understanding of latest iOS, Android and Kindle Mobile Operating Systems and devices.
- Familiar with bug tracking tools e.g. Bugzilla, Jira and automated test tools, processes and test strategies.
- Ability of analysing projects and determining their testing requirements
- Passion for games of all sorts, genres and platforms
- Strong understanding and ideally hands on experience in programming / scripting languages and database queries
- A passion for testing, and an active interest in self-learning
- Experience using and maintaining test cases and their tools e.g. TestRail
- Available to work under pressure in a fast-paced Agile environment
- You have had experience with and seen a project through from concept to completion.
- You are experienced with mobile app submission processes, certification and requirements across all platforms.
- You have experience using 3rd party app distribution tools, e.g. Hockeyapp
- You are an active member of the testing community, and regularly take part in online discussions or attend conferences.
Founded in 2010 and based in Dundee, Scotland, Outplay Entertainment is the largest independent mobile developer in the UK.
To date, the studio’s games have received over 100 million downloads, have been featured multiple times as Apple’s Editors’ Choice and received a BAFTA nomination. Most recently the studio won the TIGA 2017 Best Strategy Game for Castle Creeps TD and was recognised as one of the fastest growing tech companies in the UK.
With a passionate focus on making the best games, our team of talented and dynamic Outplayers have so far developed several critically acclaimed and award-winning games. With an exciting pipeline of future games and continued growth within the studio, Outplay can offer fantastic opportunities in a great working environment to continue your career development.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.