Website Outplay Entertainment
Outplay has a fantastic new opportunity for a creative and people focused Design Manager to lead our highly talented Design team.
The Design management role defines and drives the vision for their discipline’s collective excellence, delivers a roadmap for attainment, and inspires the passion, confidence and drive in our Designers for continual achievement.
The Design Manager will lead in all areas of Game Design delivery throughout our portfolio and bring their extensive Design experience to direct, inspire and guide design.
Areas of delivery
- Sets a departmental vision by proactively identifying a long terms plan for how we build on the standards and output of everything we design at Outplay.
- Manages and supports the leads group to identify and prioritise goals that can enhance effectiveness through efficiency, standards and quality of life.
- Works with Outplay Academy to identify and deliver workshops as well as motivational events. Advocating training options to enhance the current or future needs of the business.
- Regularly meets with sub-groups sharing expertise/techniques and generally pursuing group-wide initiatives.
- Develops, documents and communicates departmental best practices. Works with our game leads to flag where knowledge sharing & documentation could be improved.
- Defines and delivers a comprehensive plan for the wellbeing & development of everyone within their specific discipline.
- Delivers transparent performance assessment and targeted goal planning to ensure the individual, the project and Outplay are visibly benefitting from the process. Taking a strategic and high-level approach to planning, progress and follow-up in this area.
- Conducts frequent 1:1 meeting’s with direct reports as well as everyone else in their department, in accordance with the company’s continuous development requirements.
- Assesses and resolves current and future team resource issues by evaluating options across all teams, collaborating with key stakeholders, and selecting the right solution based on impact & skillset. Clearly communicates any proposed changes to all stakeholders.
- Owns and drives recruitment efforts ensuring that we are equipped to hire and engage top industry talent.
- Remains hands-on and exercising the craft that led them to this role, providing on the ground Design and creative support where needed.
- Experience working in a strategic and high-level capacity to create a vision and plan for effective team management
- Excellent communication skills to direct, engage and coach team and across all disciplines in the studio.
- A genuine passion for learning and development and commitment to engaging and progressing Design skills and experience.
- High-level presentation and analytical skills to present and convey department information
- Significant people management experience
- Able to handle and mediate effective communications within the team and all levels of the business
- Experience in building and hiring a Design team within the games sector
- Extensive hands-on Lead/Senior Design experience that is of constant value to both or products and development team.
- A passion for creating products within our portfolio and engagement with the quality led, fun, playful style we create.
Outplay Entertainment is the largest independent mobile developer in the UK and based in the thriving game’s hub of Dundee, Scotland. We create limitless fun for our players with lovingly crafted and innovative games for mobile phones and tablets.
This approach has seen us recognised for a stable of award-winning titles, including Mystery Match, Crafty Candy and Booty Quest. Our portfolio of awesome games is expanding, and we are always on the search for talented and passionate people to help us grow. With over 30 nationalities represented and a diverse range of experience and expertise, our teams thrive off their ability to work at the forefront of the mobile games industry, building or supporting live game experiences that are enjoyed by millions of players across the world.
The fun and passion injected into our games is reflected in our culture too. Outplay is more than just work. New team members will join a family that has conquered Munros, raced karts, taken on Tough Mudder and Rough Runner, competed in bake-offs, downward dogged, and even ventured to the wilds of Scotland together.
What we can offer
You will have the chance to benefit from our talent initiative, The Outplay Academy – and the opportunity to acquire new skills and grow alongside the business. From mentoring schemes and educational workshops to industry event attendance and guest speakers – we are proud of our dedication to development.
We also offer the following staff benefits:
- Private medical and dental care
- 33 days of holiday
- Employee assistance package
- Childcare savings
- Bonus Scheme
- EMI Share Option Scheme.
At Outplay, our mission is to create limitless fun for everyone who plays our games, and we value every individual that helps make that goal a reality. We are committed to remaining an equal opportunities employer and provide a friendly, safe, and welcoming environment for everyone who works here irrespective of age, race, ethnicity, religion, disability, gender, gender identity and expression, physical appearance, body size, and sexual orientation. All our employees are treated with dignity and respect because being part of Outplay is more than just work – it’s a family.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com