Website Outplay Entertainment
At Outplay, we have a fantastic opportunity, within our growing marketing team, for an experienced Marketing professional to lead the brand and product marketing strategy for our mobile games portfolio. At Outplay, we pride ourselves in the quality of our games and we are excited about the opportunity to entertain a growing audience. We will be launching new titles in 2021based on our own IP and also celebrity brands. This is a great opportunity for a driven individual to collaborate to bring Outplay brands to the next level.
As Brand Manager, you will bring experience in brand and global marketing communications within the mobile games sector as well as experience in team management and development.
You will be responsible for the management of our team of Product Marketing Managers running the communication, brand, and product marketing management for our growing portfolio of own IP brands, as well as well-known licensed brands amongst our new game releases. This is a key role in the marketing team and offers the opportunity for teamwork with the Marketing Creative team, Product managers, Analytics, and each game development, team. Strong communication skills will be invaluable in presenting and collaborating with team members across the Company, including Senior Management.
This role is the perfect opportunity for a Senior Product Marketing or Brand Manager who is ready to take the next step in their career.
- Brand Management: Lead strategy, planning and delivery of campaigns for our mobile games. This includes the creation of brand plans to formalize the brand identity for each game.
- Marketing: Work closely with the marketing team (ASO, UA, Analytics, etc.) and key members of the game development and LiveOps teams to create the most effective promotion strategies, whilst protecting and building the strength of the brand.
- Communication & PR: Create the communication plan, working with other marketing team members. The brand manager will lead branding campaigns and PR, which includes working with external partners.
- Marketing pillar of the company: Act as the key point of contact for any key stakeholders regarding Brand & product marketing.
- Relationship management: Build and sustain strong relationships with all internal and external stakeholders and partners (agencies, IP owners, freelances, etc.).
- Team management and development: Manage a small but growing team, with responsibility for their continuous development and overseeing their workload
- Communication Expertise: Strong communication skills to be able to collaborate efficiently with stakeholders, marketing teammates and developers.
- Brand Marketing Experience: 3 to 5 years’ experience launching & publishing games, preferably mobile titles, as a Brand Manager or Product Marketing Manager, This includes experience in managing relationships with IP owners across film, TV, books, comics and celebrities.
- Creative spirit: Experience and passion for creativity, to allow the production of ambitious and creative communication plans, marketing activities and assets. Bringing strong creative initiatives to the marketing team.
- A passion for Mobile Games Marketing: A deep understanding of digital marketing, videogames, and the mobile games industry, as well as an eye for comprehending player experience flows.
- Open Minded and Innovative: Confidence in collecting information and feedback from across the business, come up with or identify innovative ideas, and convert thoughts into actions in a structured manner.
- Brief creation: Ability to draft excellent project briefs, content specifications, and approval flows
- Game KPIs: Deep understanding of all core game and business KPIs, how they impact each other and comfortable working with analytics teams to produce detailed data-driven reports and insights.
- Player Lifecycle: Knowledge and understanding of the entire player lifecycle from discoverability/awareness, click, install conversion, onboarding, engagement, fidelity, monetization, loyalty and evangelism.
- Line Management Experience: Experience managing, mentoring and developing a small team is a bonus.
- Copywriting: Strong marketing copywriting and excellent proofreading skills would be ideal.
Outplay Entertainment is the largest independent mobile developer in the UK and based in the thriving game’s hub of Dundee, Scotland. We create limitless fun for our players with lovingly crafted and innovative games for mobile phones and tablets.
This approach has seen us recognised for a stable of award-winning titles, including Mystery Match, Crafty Candy and Booty Quest. Our portfolio of awesome games is expanding, and we are always on the search for talented and passionate people to help us grow. With over 30 nationalities represented and a diverse range of experience and expertise, our teams thrive off their ability to work at the forefront of the mobile games industry, building or supporting live game experiences that are enjoyed by millions of players across the world.
The fun and passion injected into our games is reflected in our culture too. Outplay is more than just work. New team members will join a family that has conquered Munros, raced karts, taken on Tough Mudder and Rough Runner, competed in bake-offs, downward dogged, and even ventured to the wilds of Scotland together.
What We Offer
You also have the opportunity to benefit from our talent development initiative, the Outplay Academy, and acquire new skills to grow alongside the business. From mentoring schemes and educational workshops to industry event attendance and guest speakers, we are proud of our dedication to professional development.
At Outplay, we offer the following staff benefits:
- Private medical and dental care
- 33 days of holiday
- Employee assistance package
- Childcare savings
- Bonus Scheme
- EMI Share Option Scheme
At Outplay, our mission is to create limitless fun for everyone who plays our games, and we value every individual that helps make that goal a reality. We are committed to remaining an equal opportunities employer and provide a friendly, safe, and welcoming environment for everyone who works here irrespective of age, race, ethnicity, religion, disability, gender, gender identity and expression, physical appearance, body size, and sexual orientation. All our employees are treated with dignity and respect, because being part of Outplay is more than just work – it’s a family.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.