Website Outplay Entertainment
We’re seeking a Senior Sound Designer to lead the audio effort of Outplay’s portfolio of current and forthcoming games. You’ll work in collaboration with the Creative Director, Producers and the relevant Leads to define and implement the audio design vision across all titles.
- Establish and direct the audio aesthetic of a project and communicate this effectively within the team as well as to other stakeholders.
- Create and implement new and revised SFX.
- Edit and create music tracks for both in-game and marketing material.
- Review and scope audio requirements.
- Influence overall project design and ideas.
- Work closely with outsourcers vendors as required.
- Maintain the project’s audio-related documentation.
- Direct and communicate effectively with music composers, contractors and other vendors.
- Audio Lead or Senior Audio Designer, with extensive experience in the gaming industry and multiple titles (preferably mobile) shipped in that capacity
- Experience of senior-level design from concept through to final implementation.
- Used to work with game engines (ideally Unity).
- Prior experience using audio middleware and custom built audio implementation solutions.
- High level of ability and familiarity using DAWs and
- Plugins (such as Reaper, Logic, Pro Tools, Waves, Kontakt etc.).
- Experienced musician with an ability to deliver music concepts/demos through to final mixed loops in a variety of styles.
- Familiarity with versioning and source control software for asset management, such as Git or SVN.
- Proficiency in tracklaying, mixing and mastering for trailers and cinematics.
- Ability to juggle several tasks and projects simultaneously.
- Autonomous and proactive.
- Casual games experience.
- Familiarity with scripting/coding.
- Experience with video editing tools such as Vegas or Premiere.
- Experience with field recording.
Outplay Entertainment is the largest independent mobile developer in the UK and based in the thriving game’s hub of Dundee, Scotland. We create limitless fun for our players with lovingly crafted and innovative games for mobile phones and tablets.
This approach has seen us recognised for a stable of award-winning titles, including Mystery Match, Crafty Candy and Booty Quest. Our portfolio of awesome games is expanding, and we are always on the search for talented and passionate people to help us grow. With over 30 nationalities represented and a diverse range of experience and expertise, our teams thrive off their ability to work at the forefront of the mobile games industry, building or supporting live game experiences that are enjoyed by millions of players across the world.
The fun and passion injected into our games is reflected in our culture too. Outplay is more than just work. New team members will join a family that has conquered Munros, raced karts, taken on Tough Mudder and Rough Runner, competed in bake-offs, downward dogged, and even ventured to the wilds of Scotland together.
What we can offer
You will have the chance to benefit from our talent initiative, The Outplay Academy – and the opportunity to acquire new skills and grow alongside the business. From mentoring schemes and educational workshops to industry event attendance and guest speakers – we are proud of our dedication to development.
We also offer the following staff benefits:
· Private medical and dental care
· 33 days holiday
· Access to our team discount scheme
· Employee assistance package
· Childcare savings
At Outplay, our mission is to create limitless fun for everyone who plays our games, and we value every individual that helps make that goal a reality. We are committed to remaining an equal opportunities employer and provide a friendly, safe, and welcoming environment for everyone who works here irrespective of age, race, ethnicity, religion, disability, gender, gender identity and expression, physical appearance, body size, and sexual orientation. All our employees are treated with dignity and respect, because being part of Outplay is more than just work – it’s a family.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com