A unique opportunity for an experienced C++ developer without professional games experience to work at one of the leading AI companies in the video game industry. Full-time position with options for remote and flexible working.
Are you interested in joining a close-knit team working on one of the foremost technologies in the video game industry today? Our middleware Kythera is the most advanced AI solution on the market. We work side by side with studios, ranging from independent to AAA, to support the development of their title and AI features.
We are looking to employ a new member of staff to join our development team in the continued improvement and maintenance of our C++-based game AI middleware.
You must be a highly skilled and experienced programmer who can demonstrate excellent technical problem-solving, understanding of low-level programming and performance concerns, and the ability to provide technical leadership.
If selected, you may expect to work as part of our small team on a variety of projects. We are currently working alongside a range of studios developing games that include ARPGs, tactical first-person shooters, survival sandboxes, and more across the majority of platforms and game engines.
You will work directly with our partners in iterative cycles to understand their requirements, design, and build the core AI functionality, interfaces and tools required, often forming a very personal collaboration over chat, video, or in-person and with direct access to their game. Drawing on the AI experience of other members of the team and the requirements of our customers, you will be responsible for the maintenance and development of our architecture, adapting to and anticipating changes in this highly innovative industry.
In continually extending and improving the capabilities of our product, you will continually be pushing the boundaries of expectations in the industry, reflected in our clients’ high profile games.
If you are interested in developing the cutting edge of video game technology, engaging with a wide range of projects and clients from all over the world and working with a team that prioritizes wellbeing, then please send us an application.
AI middleware for games, primarily targeting the Lumberyard and Unreal engines. We are looking for an experienced C++ developer who would like to focus on AI applied to games. You should be a focussed and self-managing individual who would enjoy working as part of a team in solving practical issues for our clients.
Your duties will include:
- Designing and developing new features for the Kythera library
- Writing tests and documentation
- Investigating and resolving bugs and performance issues
- Supporting more junior team members
- Working closely with customers to develop features to fit their needs, resolve their problems, and assist in integrating and making the most out of Kythera
- Prioritizing, planning, and working effectively to deadlines
- Sharing relevant knowledge to the team through documentation and discussion
- Reviewing code and provide technical input in the design
- Helping to manage and build relationships with industry partners
Experience that will aid success:
- High performance C++
- Good math skills up to A-level / Scottish Higher or above, in particular vectors and trigonometry
- Good written and spoken English language skills
- Profiling and optimization
- Supporting customers
- Visual Studio development
- Video game development
- Unreal, CryEngine or Lumberyard
- Web-stack development
- iOS, Linux, Android, or games consoles
Why work for Kythera AI?
- Flexible, accommodating work structure when you need it
- Tight knit team
- No crunch culture
- An emphasis on both mental and physical wellbeing in the workplace
- Varied and exciting projects
- Lots of events aimed at team satisfaction
- Two-way communicative management
- Access to training
- Opportunity to travel with work
Helping you achieve your potential is a priority.
At Kythera AI, we are committed to providing a safe, innovative, and inspiring working environment for every member of staff. Diverse backgrounds lead to better technology, more efficient development, and better decision-making and management. So if you are from an under-represented group, we strongly encourage you to apply! To learn more about what we are doing to improve inclusion and representation please read our equality, diversity and inclusion statement.
How to apply
If you would like to be considered for one of our roles we need you to send us:
- A brief explanation of why you are interested
- Your CV
- Your availability
Send us the material all together in an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
We will get back to you to explain the next steps or to give brief feedback on your application.
Start date: ASAP
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.