About Earthbound Games
At Earthbound Games, we strive to create new and exceptional gameplay experiences that promote teamplay and healthy competition through data-driven experimentation and genre hybridisation.
Phew! What a mouthful. We really just want to make great games that people enjoy making as much as they do playing.
We are in the early stages of growing, so joining us now is a great opportunity to learn and grow as we do and have a real impact on the company.
We believe that creative talent can come from anywhere. Whether you’re straight out of University, working on AAA or you’ve just been making a tonne of games in your spare time, we look at the person, not just the number of years in the industry. Some roles obviously benefit from more experience, but if you’re willing to learn then we want to hear from you.
We are based in Dundee, Scotland, but work remotely with or without lockdown so welcome fully remote team members from all over the UK. We also recognise the importance of working together in-person, so we believe it’s still important to find time to meet face to face whenever possible.
We have an excellent opportunity for a passionate and driven C++/UE4 programmer to join Earthbound Games at an early stage in our project’s development with the ability to have a massive influence on how we shape and grow not just our games, but the business as well.
This role would suit someone with existing game development experience who is looking to stretch their wings and really take ownership of the work that they’re doing.
Initially you will be the sole programmer on the team, working closely with the existing Design Lead and external contractors to rapidly prototype, test and release new gameplay features, before shifting gears to help us build an exceptional development team around you and our games.
If you’re open to the challenge, send your CV and any links to examples of your work to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Not afraid to admit you don’t know the answer, but excited to find out.
- Excited to work within a small, cross discipline team.
- Understanding of the need for open & regular communication, especially when working remotely.
- Passionate about writing well engineered, scalable and maintainable code.
- An advocate for testing your own code, not just writing it.
- Enthusiastic about collecting and interpreting data to help inform design decisions.
You Excel at
- Collaborating with Design to translate ideas and requirements into functional prototypes
- Communicating ideas, intent and constraints to both technical and non-technical team members.
- Seeing the big picture impact of decisions and critically evaluating them.
- Working closely with project leads to help plan road maps and improve development processes.
- Identifying risks and blockers early and proactively working to avoid them.
- Strong practical knowledge of C++ and Unreal Engine 4 with relevant experience.
- The ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical team members.
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to self-organise.
- The people skills to work collaboratively within a team.
Even Better if You Have
- Experience iteratively implementing gameplay features from inception to delivery.
- Experience working in all phases of game development, from feature design and implementation to bug-fixing.
- Development experience with real-time networked multiplayer games.
- Experience in physics programming
- Experience developing for Xbox One and/or PS4.
- Experience profiling and optimising code for optimal CPU, memory and bandwidth usage.
- Experience delivering systems or content for a live-service release schedule would be a bonus.
Earthbound Games is an equal opportunity employer. We believe people create better work when they have a range of perspectives to influence them, and we are committed to creating an inclusive working environment that celebrates diversity.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.