Crucible is looking for an experienced C++ developer with extensive knowledge of the Unreal Engine to
help us architect our codebase and help us develop our Emergence SDK. You’ll be working in the game
dev world but also web3, with Avatars, Digital Fashion, NFTs, Self Sovereign Identity and more.
Come help us build the Agent interface for the Open Metaverse.
- Advanced C++/Unreal Knowledge
- Familiar with Unreal Engine UI (UMG/Slate)
- 2+ years of Unreal Engine C++ development experience
- Able to work remotely and asynchronously
Nice to have:
- Experience with using external libraries / dlls
- Experience with sqlite
- Plugin creation
- Familiarity with games / MMOs
- Blockchain experience
- Understanding of avatars / characters
- Unreal Engine 4.25+
- C++ / Blueprints
- Visual Studio / VSCode / Rider / XCode
- Self Sovereign Identity (SSI) via Sovrin / Verity and libindy
- Blockchains (Ethereum, Flow, others)
You’ll be working directly with the CTO and lead UI/UX designer as well as the Chief Avatar Officer to help complete features in the Agent UI, participate in testing and fix bugs.
The work is mostly in Unreal UI, but includes a complex data system, integrations with blockchains and crypto wallets, NFTs and other protocols like Matrix.org, WebRTC, plugin development, 3rd party libraries like libindy and more.
We’re looking for an enthusiastic developer who knows the ins and outs of UE4, preferably comfortable to build from source when needed, and can take on and own chunks of functionality and trailblazing new ways to do things in Unreal.
Open to engagements suggestions – we have project work and ongoing work at the moment, and are interested both in people who want contract work and those who are interested in later becoming part of the team.
Preference to women or non-binary or developers from marginalized groups first, including neurodiverse, disabled, BIPoC, LGBTQ+ and others, but open to others as well.
To apply for this job please visit crucible.network.