Civic Digits is a creative learning company using digital technology, games and performance to engage with young people, their families, carers and teachers so that they can create a digital future where we can all flourish. Equality, diversity and inclusion are at the heart of everything Civic Digits does. We are passionate that no one gets left behind in the digital world we now live in, either through digital poverty and/or a lack of role models in the professional digital world and digital culture.
Fee: £200 per day, for an initial 5 days (not sequential)
Length: This is an R&D role we plan to continue, depending on funding.
We are looking for a Creative Technologist to support the development of a ‘data driven actor’ using Viz Blocks (https://vizblocks.creativeinformatics.org) and to deliver workshops with Civic Digits for schools and informal education environments. This is building on a workshop we developed in 2020 where Viz Blocks were used by young people to create
their own ‘motorised emoji’. This used emotion recognition software to control 5 Viz Blocks that represented the eyebrows, eyes and mouth of an emoji style face.
- You will be experienced and excited about working creatively with young people about data and digital technology
- You will have an understanding of the emotional well-being issues young people face in our digital world
- You will have an understanding of good cyber security practice
- Basic experience with the Linux command line
- Basic networking configuration and troubleshooting
- Experience with Arduino, Raspberry Pi, and/or Node Red. We adapted clmtrackr for the emotional recognition software https://github.com/auduno/clmtrackr
- Experience of version control using git
- Disclosure Scotland checked
- Knowledge of The Curriculum for Excellence (CfE)
For more information or to discuss the project further, contact Clare Duffy, Artistic Director of Civic Digits. firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply, please send a short covering letter and CV to email@example.com
Deadline: 5pm, Friday 19 March
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org