Changingday is a newly established company set up to deliver VR games designed for autistic people. As a 3D Artist on our team, you will have responsibility for the creation of 3D assets for our games, contributing to the visual direction of the project, and assisting with implementation of visual elements in engine. You will be expected to produce work of a consistently high quality, and be capable of optimising your work well for our target platforms. This is a mid-level position, with prior relevant industry experience expected, and a strong existing portfolio of work.
As a 3D Artist you will have a range of key responsibilities, including:
- Take on assigned 3D art tasks in developing a game application, producing high quality assets, including 3D art and animation.
- With an expected passion for game art, contribute to driving the look and visual feel of the game, collaborating with other artists under the direction of the Creative Director.
- Contribute in optimising the runtime performance of the game, including optimisation of assets and optimal implementation in engine.
- Effectively manage time in line with tasks and priorities assigned by the Project Director, clearly communicating progress and concerns.
- Remain flexible in terms of challenges and responsibilities which may evolve as required by different projects.
Expected Qualifications & Experience
- Degree qualification in a relevant field, although this can be supplanted be an exceptionally strong portfolio of work and proven track record.
- Minimum 2-3 years industry experience.
- Experience producing 3D art and animation for games projects, with a strong portfolio of prior work.
- A proven track record of delivering high quality, polished work, to schedule. Preferably having worked on at least one game project through the development to release cycle.
Expected skills for this position include:
- Experience producing high quality, well optimised 3D assets for games, preferably across character models, environment, and props.
- Some degree of prior animation experience is expected – a strong animation background is a big bonus.
- Prior experience producing 3D models and animation for games using Blender preferred, but can be flexible if a willingness is shown to learn Blender coming from similar software packages.
- Strong prior experience generally of tools and workflows for the production of game art (Blender, Substance Designer, ZBrush, etc).
- Prior experience bringing your work into a games engine, preferably Unity. A good existing knowledge of relevant Unity engine features, including level building, animation, and particle effects, would be welcome.
- Preferably proficient in the use of source control, specifically Git with LFS.
- Well organised with an attention to detail; capable of carefully planning out your work and rigorously following team standards. Highly motivated and self-disciplined; capable of managing your time well and meeting deadlines.
- A professional attitude, experience and ability to work well with a team, to communicate your ideas and progress clearly, and work effectively with guidance and direction from your lead.
To apply, please include your CV and a link to your portfolio of work, alongside your cover letter.
Note that while we will offer some flexibility around remote working, and are currently working fully-remote under COVID-19 restrictions, some aspects of the project will require a degree of working in our physical office space longer term, and so we are looking for people to apply for this role who are within commuting distance of Glasgow or willing to relocate.
Please no recruiters.
To apply for this job please visit careers.changingday.com.